Bonneville Salt Flats, Moab and Canyonlands 2016

Sgt Bilco

Dream Maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
As I am want to do, it makes sense to run 2 US trips back to back so I will be running this little beauty straight after the Alaska trip leaving a week in between. There are a lot of people who want to do spend a wee bit more time in the US so this trip is an ideal add on to Alaska. I will be shipping the bikes in to and back from Santa Rosa CA (just north of San Francisco) for those who just want to do this trip which I must say will be a cracker.

Saturday 14th August Collect Bikes and local ride.
Sunday 15th August PCH Hwy 1 Giant Redwoods
Monday 16th August Fantastic riding via Mad River
Tuesday 17th August Crater Lake
Wednesday 18th August Lost Highway 50 (loneliest road in America
Thursday 19th August Bonneville Salt Flats
Friday 20th August Hwy 6
Saturday 21st August Exploring Moab
Sunday 22nd August Exploring Moab
Monday 23rd August l41 through Telluride
Tuesday 24th August Million Dollar Hwy Monument Valley
Wednesday 25th August Moki Dugway To Bryce
Thursday 26th August Northern Rim Grand Canyon
Friday 27th August Zion National Park
Saturday 28th August Hoover dam / Lake Mead
Sunday 29th August Death Valley
Monday 30th August Bodie Ghost Town
Tuesday 31st August Yosemite National Park
Wednesday 1st September Sequoia and Kings Canyon
Thursday 2nd September Hwy 128 and Carmel Valley Byway to Monterey
Friday 3rd September Skyline Boulevard, Alices Restaurant and Golden gate
Saturday 4th September Drop bike and fly home

As with all my trips, I try and get as much as possible in whilst making it an enjoyable ride and I've just highlighted teh main attractions. I've also added a couple of days in Moab off the bikes as it's a brilliant place to go trekking, rafting, cycling etc etc. I've also managed to squeeze in a trip to Bonneville salt flats which is a new one for me. There are also a lot of the great canyons and mountains on this trip so an ideal opportunity to tick a few of these off the bucket list.

PM me for more detailed information.

Damn it :blast does anyone want to explain to my missus why I'm never at home? If I don't come home after Alaska, I won't have a home to come back to!

Damn it :blast does anyone want to explain to my missus why I'm never at home? If I don't come home after Alaska, I won't have a home to come back to!

Here is the solution Mark. Fly Jo into SF and join us on the Moab tour. Simple solution and she'll love you forever:D

Well I am already booked on to the Alaska trip and although I say her indoors would kick off she's a goodun really and I think all that time off work might be the real bugger as I'm self employed. If you ask any self employed person, they calculate what they're losing in work as well as the cost of the trips. I think I'll have to stick to one big trip per year!

Chris, I too am pondering this trip along with Alaska. Trying to persuade Judith to fly out for this phase. I need to get confirmation I'll get the unpaid leave I require before I can commit though.

Chris, I too am pondering this trip along with Alaska. Trying to persuade the lovely Judith to fly out for this phase. I need to get confirmation I'll get the unpaid leave I require before I can commit though.

Fixed it for you Steve.
Have a great time in France this weekend & be safe.

Look you lot, stoppit just, stoppit willya. OK. OK. i'll see if i can talk Sue into flying out :blast

We'll work on em this weekend:beerjug:

My take on it is most of the cost of these trips is getting you and the bike there and back, it makes financial sense to stay for longer, more bang for your buck

It has the potential to be a PNW reunion at this rate!:clap

Paul & I have already put our names down for this.....

You lot think you've got problems..................................

I have yet to break it to Mrs C that on the Alaska bit, I will be away for her birthday:blast :wife:hide

All, I've got a lot of interest in this trip which is great.

When you PM me for details, please can you send your e-mail address so I can send you all details? Ta muchly:thumb2

All, I've got a lot of interest in this trip which is great.

When you PM me for details, please can you send your e-mail address so I can send you all details? Ta muchly:thumb2

Can you add me please Chris.
I could do with a more detailed itenary including (rough) daily mileages days off (if any) as Sue is wanting to know to help her make her mind up what to do.

It has the potential to be a PNW reunion at this rate!:clap

Paul & I have already put our names down for this.....

Bastards the lot o' yous.

Please can I ask that there is NO talk of this trip whatsoever whilst we're at Dent?
:tears :tears :tears :tears :tears :tears :tears :tears :tears :tears :tears :tears :tears :tears :tears :tears

All, just to let you know that I'm heading out to the US on Monday for the Coast to Coast trip. I know, it's a dirty job but someone has to do it:p

I'll have all the details of this trip with me so if you want details, please PM me and I'll get them across to you :thumb

Back
Top Bottom