Phone Icon Greyed Out

Andy Hird

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I've connected my iPhone 5s to my Nav 5 and both the phone and Nav tell me they're connected to each other.

However the phone Icon on my Nav 5 is greyed out. Anyone know the fix for this?

Cheers,

Andy

Did you pair the Nav 5 with the helmet? The phone function only works when paired and connected to the bluetooth helmet gadget.

There is no sound or microphone function on the Nav 5 direct, hence it needs these from the helmet.

You need to have a Bluetooth headset paired also with the Nav-V as there is no other way to get audio from the Nav-V

The Nav-V will disable phone operation if there is no headset detected/connected.

Have you tried turning them off and on again ? Lol

iPhone 6, a Nav V, and a Sena SMH10R and it all works as it should, so I cannot really help. Sorry

But I believe that you should turn on the BT headset before you turn on the Nav V in order to get the pairing sorted out correctly. So that might be worth trying

Greyed out phone icon

I have the same problem with iPhone 4s, using scala rider G9x, and it won't let me listen to music keeps telling me it needs a Ad2p headset. But it has this function?????,.

Tonyplod....

From other very similar threads, a significant part of the solution to the problem always seems to involve:

Making sure that all the software / firmware on all the devices is up to date

Making sure the various devices are daisy-chained together in the correct sequence, using the correct extension for the device. This might be counter intuitive, for instance phones are sometimes called music devices or summat like that

Start there and report back

Back
Top Bottom