Seat concepts

Mines standard height on the 640 Craig it's the Renazco which is taller

i have a seats concept lower on my 690 its wider but slightly harder but i still think its better for a longer ride. it has been on about 6000 miles it is wearing slightly through the outer cover down to canvass where your knees rub . i broke 3 original bases on original seat but were replaced on warranty so i changed for better comfort and the shop was getting sick of replacing them .i kept a brand new seat for when i come to sell it

I've got the seat concepts on a 2011 690r. I have a renazco too, but that's higher and mines in suede so I wanted a vinyl one for a European trip in the summer. The Seat Concepts was exactly the same height as standard, measured by how flat my feet were on the ground rather than a ruler. I did about 2500 miles on it, mostly trails but some road too and it was as comfortable as the Renazco. The Renazco cost about £400 and took months to arrive, the Seat Concepts kit was about £100 and £20 for Bogdan from Abingdon to fit it, top class job. Much better than the KTM comfort seat.

Mick, I'd like to try a Seat Concepts seat out before throwing loads of money at one, would it be possible to have a go of yours? I live in Thornaby.

Thanks Mick.
On a parallel track, what options are there to make sure you can keep your expensive new seat once you've got it? The 690 seat is awfully easy to remove.
I've seen one item by tumbleweedadv.com that uses the fuel filler cap to mount a claw over the back, but if you have an aftermarket filler system this won't work.

Back
Top Bottom