Schuberth Bluesonic

My German is next to non-existant so can you answer a couple of questions please?

1) is this a helmet with bluetooth or a bluetooth system that will fit existing helmets?

2) can't see anything about pillion to rider or bike to bike comms - do you know if it is possible to do this?

3) Any indication of how this is charged, how long between charges, does it take regular batteries?

Thanks

I spoke with the UK importers last week about this and they advised that it should be available here in the UK in April.
When I asked about the price he could not tell me.

Steve

I was in Infinity Motorcycles, Holborn just before Christmas and they had a lid in there with blue tooth comms, cant remember who the manufacturer was but it was quite impressive. There number is 020 7242 1111.

Steve

schiannini said:
My German is next to non-existant so can you answer a couple of questions please?

1) is this a helmet with bluetooth or a bluetooth system that will fit existing helmets?

2) can't see anything about pillion to rider or bike to bike comms - do you know if it is possible to do this?

3) Any indication of how this is charged, how long between charges, does it take regular batteries?

Thanks

As I understand it:

1) It's a Bluetooth fitted Schuberth helmet. Not sure if they are releasing a separate unit that can be retro-fitted to any helmet.

2) Two bluetooth enabled helmets will happily talk to each other.

3) Bike to bike will require the Bluesonic unit (bit like an Autocom without the wires to your helmet) into which you can plug GPS, music and walkie-talkie. Bluetooth phones talk straight to your helmet.

HTH

Adam :)

Originally posted by schiannini

I have emaileed them about this and so far not had a reply. But the leaflet they sent me says it is for several different styles of helmet which leads me to think it will be a retro fit

Yes, as answered above

I think it was 8 hours run time on full load. The Bike bit has an option for an extra battery pack. Don´t have the leaflet to hand right now.

The leaflet really does not say very much.

Lunsarboy

Just had this reply from TranAm

Thank you for your interest in the Schuberth Bluesonic system. We know very little at the moment, Schuberth haven't yet advised prices and it is unlikely that we will know until later in April or early May. The Bluesonic system will only fit into Schuberth helmets and will be fitted by trained stockists around the country. The system is so small that you will hardly notice it is fitted to your helmet and will fit into spaces currently built into Schuberth helmets, there will be a control unit on your bike (tucked away where you can't see it) that can also have other Bluetooth devices linked to it, ie. mobile phone etc.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom