FED UP WITH THE GS!!!

grr442

Reaction score
I'm just about getting to the end of my tether with my 2007 adventure,problem after problem,when I first bought it I knew it was the best bike I'd ever had but it's wearing me down,,,fuel gauge not working,heated grips not working,tyre pressure indicator not working,,shaft drive total failure which needed a total rebuild now I've got the brake warning light come on and I know the ABS isn't working as I've locked the back up a few times,anyone got any ideas on this please?
Once it's sorted I'm selling as I'm losing confidence in it!!! There's been other niggles that just shouldn't happen on a bike like this.

I'm just about getting to the end of my tether with my 2007 adventure,problem after problem,when I first bought it I knew it was the best bike I'd ever had but it's wearing me down,,,fuel gauge not working,heated grips not working,tyre pressure indicator not working,,shaft drive total failure which needed a total rebuild now I've got the brake warning light come on and I know the ABS isn't working as I've locked the back up a few times,anyone got any ideas on this please?
Once it's sorted I'm selling as I'm losing confidence in it!!! There's been other niggles that just shouldn't happen on a bike like this.

ABS pump most likely, BMW will quote you around £1300+ to replace the pump . I 'believe' you could remove the pump and have the bushes replaced but you'd have to ask somebody else about that.

Let me guess..... you're thinking of replacing it with a Yamaha?

And yet they are not all like that
My 2011 gsa tc has done 34k with one wee switch ( replaced 2 days into ownership)

Luckily the Yamaha's are all sold at a huge discount from list price, and used ones are even better value so replacing your ageing BMW with a newer Yamaha will not hurt too much if that is where your though process is going - if not post elsewhere matey :D

Back
Top Bottom