Autocom...connecting leads....?

Bronco Billy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Any you guys got any tips for me.....?

Got the autocom working with my mobile at last......now....wheres the best place to have my phone and where to route yet another wire? I know theres some crafty and cunning solution out there.........put me right please.

Suggest you try a RAM mount and fit a Boxit waterproof case to it to put the phone in.

Boxit cases here

I made a small hole in the bottom of the Boxit case for the lead to go into - it's a tight enough fit to be waterproof.

Voila - phone in line of sight, waterproof and easy to remove when you stop.

14562942-M.jpg

I made a small hole in the bottom of the Boxit case for the lead to go into - it's a tight enough fit to be waterproof.

:confused: Andy, I presume from this you re-wired the plug so you could poke just the wire through the small hole to make it waterproof??

Ive just put my autocom into a steel cash box under my top-box, and to get the autocom leads through the box I had to drill a 20mm hole which I've put a rubber gromet in...either that or I could have cut the cable and reconnected it inside the box after passing it through a much smaller hole.

I'm interested in how you approached yours because i want to put my Creative Zen and a phone in an otterbox in the bars soon, but will need to get cable access into the box using cables that have plugs on the ends already and that I don't fancy re-wiring.

PS yours is the first GS I've seen for ages with no brush guards on....it took me ages to work out why it looked different :D

Thanks for the reply Mr.Tobers.

Thats the second time youve helped me out. I am the guy who emailed you with thanks for getting me my Tobinator set out to me when you thought there may be a short delay.

Back
Top Bottom