7inch Daymaker headlamp

Rugged Path

The Honourable.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I noticed on ebay someone selling this form of LED headlamp for $150 in black. Looks like a Chinese manufacturer.

ebay ref. #271989568744

I am assuming the OEM HD is not made in the good old US of A so, the question is; are these projector type lamps compatible with left or right hand use on the roads.
I tried to find out from the seller if US or UK specific (aka right or left), and answer received was it is for the middle!!

Checking out the HD US site and the HD UK site, the 7" Daymaker" lights have the same part number.

Which would suggest that the lights are not left or right hand dipped specific.

If anyone has one fitted & works ok keep me updated, my friend has an original day maker on a Harley sportster (2014 year) & it's utterly fantastic bit of kit, we went touring Europe & did some detour on dark roads, we were using her light to see, I was in a Gs Lc with led headlamp & my mate was on a vfr1200, both had capable lights but not like the Harley..

Works out £100 each including shipping either in black or white. Measures 97mm from front of lens to back and connects via the standard 3-pin plug.
I'll order one and give it a go. Spent more on other electronics now dumped in some landfill.

Works out £100 each including shipping either in black or white. Measures 97mm from front of lens to back and connects via the standard 3-pin plug.
I'll order one and give it a go. Spent more on other electronics now dumped in some landfill.

Did it fit?

Back on Xmas vacation in UK.
When back in Saudi in January, I'll let you know when I get to fit it. It does say no fitting ring required for later models. I have noticed that there are a wide selection of 'Daymaker' type LED lamps for sale on Alibaba and other web sites.
The lens are made of hard plastic and not glass and connect via the standard 3-pin bayonet plug.

Back
Top Bottom