S Piece !

Ummmm...thought removing the cat liberated most power (compared to replacing the rear silencer).

Interested in the results though - any chance of before & after dyno readings & comparison with a non-cat setup with the std pipe?

Noise levels will be intriguing too. No doubt it isn't legal. On the other hand, a bike's silencer should be legal but yours wont have one so it doesn't have an illegal (or legal) silencer does it. Hmmmmmm

illegal silencer?

Actually Tobers, ya wrong (for once Ha ha). Bike must be fitted with original equipment exhaust or on that is 'e' marked etc etc. So simple really......no silencer, your in the 'book'!!!:D

Re: S Piece

the civil one said:
What do you think of the S Pipe.

Not a lot really,it looks like a standard "cat" with a bit of pipe stuffed on the end:rolleyes:

Now if you'd ripped the guts out of the "cat",made it function as a silencer with less restrictive (and lighter) internal baffling,and then stuffed a bit of pipe on the end-then you'd be talking :cool:

Re: The ultimate stumpy

the civil one said:
You mean ?

Now that looks good Civil!!

Where can I buy one????

Come to think of it...do you know where I can buy some cheap mud flaps for my feet :D :D ;)

Re: illegal silencer?

RichieS said:
Actually Tobers, ya wrong (for once Ha ha). Bike must be fitted with original equipment exhaust or on that is 'e' marked etc etc. So simple really......no silencer, your in the 'book'!!!:D

Have you heard the system without a Can...?

It's quieter than a remus and 'Y' piece "For Road use"....so I'd have to get the system db tested to see if the noise level were indeed above the legal limit before I rolled over....;)

Plus, any Copper would be scrapping the barrel....etc etc.

CC

:cool:

Darn - wrong - me? Must go check up the construction & use regs.

Still, looks pretty cool with the slash-cut exit pipe thingy. Dare I say a bit "MotoGP" styleee?

Re: The ultimate stumpy

the civil one said:
You mean ?

I do:D

If you need a guinea pig for objective testing and evaluation of a prototype...........:rolleyes:

I'm interested because the heel of my size 13 boot rests on the silencer now and it's making my ankle unhappy.

I've read where other have done this modification and have been very happy with the result for sound and performance. Seems like the stock silencer is more cosmetic than functional?

the civil one said:
In the workshop today .

Re- 1st photograph.

I think you possess supreme engineering skill to have reproduced a catalytic converter almost identical to the bmw original.
Unfortunately, the bit which the silencer fits on to has been manufactured wrongly, which will make it difficult to turn left hand corners without grounding the can ont road surface.
Pedestrians and cyclists may also be injured.
A good effort, and a simple mistake to make, but its a good job there is people like myself and other forum members who can point out these little things which you may have overlooked.

Phil, any chance of making up one of these just like CC's, except in stainless?

Back
Top Bottom