Road King

Joe narvey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A friend and I are thinking of buying a Road King to share.

Budget hopefully less than £12k

What do we need to check?
Any recommendations on good sellers?

TIA Jon

Budget is good for a 103, but will need a little more for a Rushmore bike...Maidstone HD have a 2013 with 4k for just onder £13k... It's like new.

For your budget I'd aim for a 12/13 103.... Should be plenty around in dealers...

I'd try and get one that allready has Stage 1 , don't pay extra for other people's trinkets... I'd go as stock as possible, apart from aforementioned S1

Budget is good for a 103, but will need a little more for a Rushmore bike...Maidstone HD have a 2013 with 4k for just onder £13k... It's like new.

For your budget I'd aim for a 12/13 103.... Should be plenty around in dealers...

I'd try and get one that allready has Stage 1 , don't pay extra for other people's trinkets... I'd go as stock as possible, apart from aforementioned S1

Many thanks for your advice.

Never take advice off someone who doesn't follow his own...know what I mean? :D

Pffftt.... Whilst I haven't committed... I've certainly done the legwork.....

Ive got a 96 1340 Evo RK. Great relaxed long legged cruiser. Not so keen on the newer ones, a bit buzzy for me, but then I'm probably old. Also youll get a good one for 8-9k, which will be well sorted.

I have a 97 Electraglide UC which is complete shite, I also have a Heritage Softail which is fucking lovely.......I don`t care which bike you want or buy, but know this....All HD`s are shite compared to all other motorcycles, so make sure you ride the pieces if shit before you buy them.

I have a 97 Electraglide UC which is complete shite, I also have a Heritage Softail which is fucking lovely.......I don`t care which bike you want or buy, but know this....All HD`s are shite compared to all other motorcycles, so make sure you ride the pieces if shit before you buy them.

Excellent advice- will do. Thank you Sir.

This sharing lark, how's that going to work then?:cool:

Good question. I assume we agree on a good one, either of us can store it, we both have 24hr guards, cctv alarms and Almax chains.
We refuel the tank after a ride.

Neither of us commute on bikes so it a sunny day or bike club ride out. I'm assuming the insurance will be okay.

I actually fancied replacing a triumph rocket I sold (always regretted) but he's keen on a Harley so fine with me.

If you set it up properly then sharing will never be an issue. I shared a bot with a guy, we tossed a coin early in the year to decide the kick off date. The it was every second weekend . So each of you get a chance of good weather and there will be weekends when you won't want/be able to ride and your mate will have the extra chance. Just make sure you sort the exit/sale mechanism so there is no bad feelings then.

If you set it up properly then sharing will never be an issue. I shared a bot with a guy, we tossed a coin early in the year to decide the kick off date. The it was every second weekend . So each of you get a chance of good weather and there will be weekends when you won't want/be able to ride and your mate will have the extra chance. Just make sure you sort the exit/sale mechanism so there is no bad feelings then.

Thanks. He's a good friend, I know money breaks friendships but I think we are fine.

Buy two 6k Harleys, and swop them every month - just for a change like....

Back
Top Bottom