Anyone got an Indian

fatbaldbob

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Dark Horse looks nice, anyone any experience / ridden a modern Indian?

Looked at an Indian Scout before buying the Wide Glide in December.

It's nicely put together and is certainly different but didn't like the huge radiator at the front of the engine or the tanned single leather seat.

Was after a posing tool to ride to Waitrose on so looks were all important. :thumb2

Dark Horse looks nice, anyone any experience / ridden a modern Indian?

I've test ridden a chief classic and scout. The Chief was in my comparison to the Fat Bob I eventually purchased and along with a Heritage Softtail and Triumph Thunderbird. They are very impressive motorcycles, ride and shift well. In the end I discounted it b/c it was relatively new at the time, would require lots of work to keep looking good, and had a limited support network/aftermarket.

The scout was a lot more fun, but a bit small for me. It rode like a long 883 low. But it was on the top of my wife's list to replace the Rebel when we get back to the states. Probably the 1st bike we were both comfortable riding out of the box. If I didn't have this new GS thing going and scouting out deals back in NY, I'd definitely be looking for a scout as a 2nd ride in the family.

Very little info out there ref Indians, but have taken a gamble and went for a Dark Horse to replace the Street Bob, will let you know in the future how it compares in the long run, in the mean time the HD will shortly be up for sale, if anyone is looking a Street Bob FXDBi Denim Black Stage 2 1690 TC 2006 24k miles, get in touch.

You can't come in here making quick decisions like that!! We need weeks of drama and build up before cash is spent( or not):augie

Does the SB have mid or forward controls?

Oooh look! Someone's rebadged a Kawasaki Drifter..................:D

I'm trying to like it, I really am.....I just don't like the faired-in mudguards...sorry... "fenders".....

Noooo! the Drifter is a rebadged Indian, we have now come full circle! I like it but whatever floats your boat and all that.

Back
Top Bottom