Basecamp won't download

Khulu

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bought a Nav V in December and decided I'd better download Basecamp and find out how to create maps and transfer them. Unfortunately, I can't get any version to download as my Windows 7 computer isn't, apparently, compatible with ".NET framework 4.6", whatever that is! I'll have to google it. A new laptop might be on the shopping list as mine is c. 5-6 years old. :blast

There is a copy of Basecamp on the Nav V itself. Look in the Garmin folder when hooked up to your PC. I can't remember exactly where it is and mine is not to hand but a little exploration and you will find it.

Downloaded Windows 10 then Basecamp and it worked - next weekend will be discovering how to work Basecamp!

Allmost the same problem here. I can download Basecamp 452 and when the application launches from the install it works ok. Close it and I cannot open Basecamp. Windows registry error. I have tried all sorts, deleting short cut, delete the files, uninstall, run CCleaner, move files from x86 program files to program files etc. Only way I can get it to work is as follows. Download 7zip. This allows you to extract the files from the .exe folder. Once done look for either the BCMAIN or Bootstrapper.exe file. Click on this to start Basecamp. It will go through part of the install process but will launch. No idea why it does it. Windows 7 64 bit.

You can also try this. Back up your data, I can recommend WD Ultra Passport 2TB, excellent piece of kit. Reinstall Windows 7 from your CD drive. I will try this later on in the week. It will give the PC a new lease of life.

Back
Top Bottom