Sportster Sickness UK

crotchrocket

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Sportster Sickness UK, is a Facebook group, started toward the end of last year. Its now coming up on 1000 members, with members all over the UK. Ive had a couple of meet ups at the Ace and one at the Bike Shed but theres ride outs planned and big meets as we get to spring. All a really mixed, nice bunch of people.

not sure if anyone else here actually has a Sportster.... but if you do, and you use facebook, join in. :thumb2

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sportstersicknessuk/

Saturdays ACE Cafe meet.

Attachments

• 12592749_10208269729291498_6952090034008366617_n.jpg
    12592749_10208269729291498_6952090034008366617_n.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 2,878
Bez1 has a girl's Harley, he'd most likely be right up for a bit of that action. :augie:D:D

You joke, but its really nice having a mixed group of both men and woman riding, so the sportster being small enough for a girl to ride is a bonus in my eyes! And i love the bike, could just as easily have bought a larger, bigger capacity Harley, but test rode them and didn't like them. plus i have the GSA for two up, the drifter for longer distance rally so the sportster is perfect.

Facebook, surrounded by people constantly taking pictures with their phones and telling everyone what a great day they are having......Self absorbed wankers.

att...I don't agree with everything that you post (far from it) but THAT absolutely sums up Facebook.....:thumb2

Ironically I'm not on Facebook nor do I have a Sportster but it does sum me up rather well.:thumb2

You joke, but its really nice having a mixed group of both men and woman riding, so the sportster being small enough for a girl to ride is a bonus in my eyes! And i love the bike, could just as easily have bought a larger, bigger capacity Harley, but test rode them and didn't like them. plus i have the GSA for two up, the drifter for longer distance rally so the sportster is perfect.

I was only joking, don't get all defensive. I quite like (some) Sportsters. :D

Facebook, surrounded by people constantly taking pictures with their phones and telling everyone what a great day they are having......Self absorbed wankers.

Just because you got booted off :D

Just because you got booted off :D

I did, but then they said they were going to let me stay, so I took a good long look at it and what was actually happening and it is fucking weird! I was a part of it and now I am glad that I have seen it for what it was, I believe it depressed me a little to, because I was not getting on and doing stuff like I used to, now I am off the thing I am doing stuff again and a lot happier, bit like getting a life back.

Sportster Sickness? WTF, is it me or is that a strange name for an FB group? Sounds like a self-help group for those whose bikes keep breaking down. I have an XR1200X - the only Sportster worth having BTW :D - but I see no fun in riding into that there Lunnun cesspit for a bike meet. So I'm out. :rolleyes:

Well....you can change the belt at the side of the road with a few tools.........:D

There is that, compared to the big twin of nearly a bloody days work (for me) and not at the side of the road.

Back
Top Bottom