Did I imagine it?

Wonkey donkey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok so got the Nav V and am missing the turns via my headset. It keeps saying stuff like turn right in 3/4 mile and I pass several roads before it and on several occasions have sailed by the turn or took the one earlier.

Now when I set the Nav V up I have it in my head it gave me options of how much notice I wanted before the turn ie long way from it, medium or short. Cannot find it in settings and it now makes me think that I am wrong and must have imagined it. Can anyone confirm please, or tell me a way to change the turn instruction to say 400 yards?

Thanks

I don't think there's a setting for audio instructions but you can easily solve your problem by looking at the map display to confirm the actual turning. Try setting the map display to 2D, 'Track up'. I turn off the autozoom as it confuses me about the map scaling. You can use the scroll wheel to zoom in if you're in town for example and at a confusing junction. I rarely bother to use the audio but I still rarely miss a turn, even if I'm riding in an unfamiliar part of London.

If you don't use the display in addition to the audio directions you will frequently get confused. For example, the audio directions might tell you to turn right but in fact there is only a sharp bend and not an actual junction. Without looking at the display you might look for a turning on the right. At other times you will reach an actual junction but the Nav V maps will not have the junction marked as such, so you won't get an audible instruction.

Back
Top Bottom