Deposit down - Triumph Street Triple Rx

tPIC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have been feeling a bike itch that just wasn't going away for the past few months. Yesterday I found a good deal on a very tidy used example so put my money down.

This was one of the first bikes I test rode after passing my test but i didn't buy one at the time, despite really rating it. I went for the 650GS instead as that appealed and still does - I'm keeping the pair of 'em. Horses for courses and all that.

Picking up next weekend.

2015 Triumph Street Triple Rx. Library photo, but I like it.

25722862364_94b3465073_z.jpg

Lovely looking bike. I test rode the first incarnation of the Street triple and loved it. Unfortunately my wife does not understand me and believes I only need the one motorcycle therefore I have a do-it-all GS1200.

I would love to have that in my garage too.

Enjoy :beerjug:

Neil

Never ridden a Street Triple but have owned in excess of twenty Hinckley Triumphs over the years and have two still in the garage. I have to admit that the current trend with Triumph to build six versions of everything they make leaves me cold and confused :confused:

Thanks very much for letting me know that particular bike is a Rx version because all I know is that it's a Street Triple :blast

Agreed, it's confusing and seems just a way to peddle their options list more actively. That said, I do like most of the bikes they end up with.

Picked her up on Thursday evening after work!

First 25 mile trip was filtering round the north circular and then onto the M1 up to Watford. Not the best plan, but at least I avoided picking up during the torrential downpours that affected all Friday. I'd seen the forecast looking worse and worse for Friday so phoned up the dealer at the last minute and asked if it was okay to pick up later on the Thursday. I picked up my last bike in the middle of a downpour so wasn't keen on repeating. I'm beginning to believe that the act of picking up new bike can influence the weather..

This bike is so different to my 650, the looks, the riding position and blimey - the sound!

Frustratingly, my weekend is booked up with household duties so she's resting up in the garage until I can find some more free time.

25840886774_37e96da456_z.jpg

26353429072_9774b91765_z.jpg

Have a look on the street triple forum free to join and loads of information and bits for sale me and my brother have the its my first multi cylinder bike and boy is it torquey sounds lovely as well hope you enjoy it :thumb

Maybe it's because I'm just used to the agricultural sound of the big single but this just sounds amazing in comparison! It's got an after-market SC Project exhaust that sounds great and burbles on the over-run to boot.

Have a look on the street triple forum free to join and loads of information and bits for sale me and my brother have the its my first multi cylinder bike and boy is it torquey sounds lovely as well hope you enjoy it :thumb

I've just joined it. Looks like a lot of information.

Not quite the volume of conversations (and crazies) as on here though.. :D

Nice! I am currently learning to love a '97 Trophy 900.

Never had a 900 Trophy but had a 1200 Trophy, a 900 Sprint and two MK1 Speed Triples

Great engines the old 900 carbed :thumb2

Apart from the fuel consumption. I think the carbs need fettling because I can't get better than 37 mpg!

tPIC - enjoy the new bike :beerjug:

Currently got 3 Hinckley Triumphs in the garage :D

Back
Top Bottom