KPH Speedometer

Rugged Path

The Honourable.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a foreign speedo on my 2010 FLHTCU (black not titanium).
There are many for sale in the US but, different ID numbers.
Is there a UK company who can open them up and scribe the MPH divisions onto the clock face?

If I kept the KPH LCD odometer distance/trip readings, is that allowed under the MOT.

Need to get it registered next month when it arrives in the UK as it is an international model

There's some interesting stuff in there if you are building a chop. For example you can take off the indicators if you 'prepare the bike for off road' and to do that all you have to do is fit TKCs

Best not to bother......

Isn't it just.
Sounds like a right ball ache.
I once had a motorsickle that was capable of passing an MOT, many many fucking years ago.

Thats the only good thing about new bikes, you can proper let them go to shit, coz you don't need to MOT em for three years.
One of the BMW's I had brand new, it was fucking wrecked after three years of neglect and 78 thousand miles.

It's just a tool bought to do a job, they have a finite lifespan, tools get worn out and replaced.
MOT's are a proper inconvenience when your trying to wreck stuff.

There's some interesting stuff in there if you are building a chop. For example you can take off the indicators if you 'prepare the bike for off road' and to do that all you have to do is fit TKCs

That's what I did to my Bonnie

TKC80's fitted and indicators sold on e-bay. The seat was shortened by 40mm and the pillion footrest hangers gas axed off so it can never carry a pillion passenger and I can run an open chain

Bike MOT'd and noted on the certificate as being prepared for off road use :thumb

Just find the right MOT station and you will be ok, my local one would pass a donkey in a straw hat if I told him it was a motorcycle...

The initial question Twizzle is it is an international model (rest of the world).
I suppose the MOT requirements are for vehicles made for the UK market so the speedo would not require checking.
Once I get the COC of Harley Davidson, I may have to take it to VOSA albeit, changes for motorcycles should just be related to headlamp (which I have bought), speedo clock, lighting and maybe exhaust system.

Bike at the shippers now ready for air freighting back to UK.
If anybody needs a steel pallet to export from UK, let me know (gratis).

That's what I did to my Bonnie

TKC80's fitted and indicators sold on e-bay. The seat was shortened by 40mm and the pillion footrest hangers gas axed off so it can never carry a pillion passenger and I can run an open chain

Bike MOT'd and noted on the certificate as being prepared for off road use :thumb

if it was registered before 1st August 1986, then you don't need indicators, I have a few bikes without them, and that never had them.

just fit a uk speedo and be done with it, have you been through SVA yet?

Oh boy are you in for fun.

I assume a partial VOSA inspection is all that is required. Speaking with Chester Harley, they have some bikes going through the process and no end of problems with paperwork.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I assume a partial VOSA inspection is all that is required. Speaking with Chester Harley, they have some bikes going through the process and no end of problems with paperwork.

There's a big difference between a personal import for own use and a business importing for commercial gain ;)

Back
Top Bottom