2610 cradle

Racer

Reaction score
What cradles are people using to mount their 2610 to the 1150 GS ?. The RAM cradle or something different - if so why ?

The current plan is to use the RAM mount (stainless U bolt version) - just not sure about holding the unit in place.

Cheers,

Racer.

I'm using one of MiGSels's excellent mounts behind the speedo attached to a short RAM arm and the RAM base and cradle (can't remember model numbers but do a search and they're all there). Hasn't fallen off yet.

I've got a plastic RAM mount - dead easy to pop the 2610 out, but not in the least bit secure*, so you have to keep popping it out at garages and short stops. Reckon I should have gone for the Touratech lockable one.

*as in un-nickable. It's quite secure on the bike.

Reason I went for the RAM cradle was I didn't really want to leave the unit on the bike, even if just getting petrol (I do live in London!). There are also various threads about the TT mount blocking reception and requiring the use of the additional antenna. Not a huge inconvenience but just something more to plug in and out although I have no personal experience of the mount so couldn't say one way or the other. As for the Garmin mount, again a search will reveal various threads questioning it's ability to hold the unit securely. Once again, no personal experience here.

String - whats all that about then:confused:

Thanks for the comments so far, does the RAM cradle definitely not require an auxillary aerial ?, if so thats the answer.
I think I could put up with the lack of security issue if I didnt need to have an extra three miles of cabling for the aerial and lots of velcro for the remote etc.

Thanks for letting me know about the fly friers Al, when I make it back from this strange place I will give you a call.

Cheers,

Racer.

Racer said:
String - whats all that about then:confused:

Thanks for the comments so far, does the RAM cradle definitely not require an auxillary aerial ?

Racer.

I've got a 2610 & RAM cradle and I get fine reception without any external aerial. Just as well as I don't have an extra aerial anyway. Th RAM is fine.

Cheers

Mark

Back
Top Bottom