New ( to ME GSA LC) With Sta NAg mount

ianran

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am just purchasing a 2015 GSA LC, can anyone tell me what Sat Nags work on the standard mount? Garmin or otherwise?
Im confident my old 550 won't!

Nav V fits - I don't about any others but someone here will, I'm sure!

How useful is the wheel thingy? Just need to be sure its all good and worth the distance.

I think that the 660 fits the ctradle but will not integrate to the bike nor will it be controllable through the handlebar wheel.

Correct - however, Navigator IV is able to be controlled via the handlebar wheel and of course, Navigator V fits, is controlled by the wheel and also displays data from the bike's ECU.

How useful is the wheel thingy? Just need to be sure its all good and worth the distance.
I think itis very good but could be in a minority is it worth having ? you dont have a choice on the TE so in my book if you have it you may as well have the thing that works along with it !

however, Navigator IV is able to be controlled via the handlebar wheel

Every day a school day !

I think it's brilliant because it allows you to zoom in and out exactly when you want to. I don't like the autozoom on the Nav V as I lose track of the map scale, but that's not a problem if I control the zoom myself. A 'joggle' on the wheel will also take you into the menus although for me this is a pain as it sometimes happens inadvertently. Fiddling around in the Nav V menus whist riding is not a good place to be....

Thanks for that, so is there a new Garmin 660 the only equivalent all be it without the Joggly thingy?

It took me a while not to move the bloody wheel when using the indicators. I kept altering the Navi screen unintentionally. :blast

It hasn't been a problem since I moved to Spain. No-one uses indicators here :D

You have access to loads of info on the iwheel:
Tyre pressures
Temperature
Distance logs (several of them)
Gear changes and braking amounts (when vehicle static)
Countdown for fuel
And more.....

You also have functions like:
Speak last directions
Go home shortcut
Ignore waypoint
Media functions suck as fast forward songs / skip song / pause
Mute
Zoom in / out

In fairness the GSA has a bit more interactivity than the RT for example.

Is it worth the price tag - I don't know because I got mine free as a package on my last GSA twin Cam because the dealer had run out of NavIV units but I personally think it is fantastic but I would if I wasn't parting with huge lumps of cash.

Rik

The 550 does not fit the mount but I had mine on my 2013 LC when I first got it. I got a mount from Italy off ebay.

I would say the Nav 5 is much better and I use my wheel quite a bit:cool:

Hope you like it, you will need to get used to Basecamp now although I still compile my routes with mapsource then convert them:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom