Lists & routes

vRSG60

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
If I have a list with 10 routes in it, when I send the list to my 660 will I be able to open each route individually or will it see it as just one GPX file?

You'll see a list of routes. You can transfer the list to the device memory and it will offer to import the routes when you switch the device on (at least that's what the 220, 550 and Nav V do) As belt and braces you can export the GPX file of the routes onto the SD card in a folder called /Garmin/GPX. You should then be able to import the routes by going to 'My Data' or something like that (each machine has slightly different user interface). When it imports routes from a GPX file, you'll see a list of all the routes within that file.

Try it, it only takes a moment to check how it works.

When sending files with lots of routes - 10 for example - sometimes all of the routes do not transfer properly for some people.

Whilst GPS devices (like computers) remain 'personal', in the sense that what makes sense to one person might not make sense to another, it is sometimes a good idea to rename the multiple routes and number them sequentially, as it may well make them so much easier to identify when you go looking for them on your device. This is particularly true if the file and the routes were created by a third party who could have named them just about anything.

It's also very good practice to check that all of the routes are imported properly into your device before you set off and / or need to use them. It may well be a very long way home otherwise.

As I just replied to another thread:

When I tour and have say 12 routes, I save the routes (not import them) as one gpx file on the sd card in a folder called /gpx.
Every evening I delete that days route then import the next days route all within the zumo itself.
The advantage is that I only have one current route in the main gps and I can re-import any route; even during the day if one gets messed up.

Back
Top Bottom