lithium batteries

mikeyboy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Overland and classic,vale of belvoir,Melton Mowbra
hi chaps,can anyone point me towards a recommended supplier for a lithium battery for one of my bikes,it needs to be as small as possible ,but have enough power to spin an 80's gpz 550 motor,
i'll admit, i cant be arsed to trawl ebay,id rather go with a recommendation for a good supplier,:thumb

I've had a Shorai 12v battery supplied by Carrot Cycles fitted to my 750 Norton for 3 years, its remains fully charged over winter and has been just fine and dandy. I did have to fit modern rectifier/regulator but thats all. Can't make any constructive comment regarding electric starting but I did ask about fitting one to my GSWC and they weren't too keen to recommend one, phrases like there can be issues with the latest BM bikes were used so I didn't pursue fitment. Maybe things have moved on now:nenau

What I would suggest Mike, is give them a call and ask for their thoughts and recommendations before heading over to Lincoln. I'll be up their way in the next week so If you want something collecting I can do that for you:thumb

Last edited:
Motorcycle - Kawasaki - All Years - KZ550 GP/GPZ

Standard Recommendation: LFX14A5-BS12

Our LFX Standard recommendation is the best overall pick for most applications, and has been selected to give strong cranking performance and long lifespan. This LFX battery is 2.05 Kg (4.52 lbs) lighter than the lead-acid YB12A-A. For technical questions, please see the Shorai FAQ.

Specifications:

Cranking (CCA): 210 A
Weight (Metric): 1048 g
Weight (Imperial): 2.31 lbs
Terminal Polarity:

i bought a Lithium battery for R80 Rt project.
i had it from Alien Motion USA.. good guys to deal with i thought.

AM12-01 L - for upto 1400cc Harley 1200 Sportster, Ducati 1299 pannigale, Hyabusa etc

my invoice is for 89$ though i would suspect that is lower to minimise the import duty .. listing at $165 dollars now.

www.alienmotion.com

www.alienmotion.com/am12.html

hi chaps,can anyone point me towards a recommended supplier for a lithium battery for one of my bikes,it needs to be as small as possible ,but have enough power to spin an 80's gpz 550 motor,

Is that the mono shock?
Great bike.

Just fitted a Shorai to my FE550 Husaberg. I got a good deal from M&P. Seems to be the bizzo.

:thumb2

Try all batteries.co.uk.Ive had 2 off them for projects.An R80 and the r100 in my avatar.They do a 14 amp for £96 posted and they spin my bikes over a treat.

Just fitted a Shorai to my FE550 Husaberg. I got a good deal from M&P. Seems to be the bizzo.

:thumb2

Trail riding in Belgium yesterday, the battery got a real pasting due to lack of clutch fluid and it started the bike every time - even in gear! Truly impressive.

Back
Top Bottom