Garmin Quest mounting for 1200GS

jlabro

Reaction score
Hello,again questions questions questions... So, here we go :

On my GS,which mounting "device" should i buy ?
The Garmin one ? TT ? RAM mount ?
If i buy the garmin with the power cable,i should also buy the simple one ?? in some sites it says that i NEED to buy both of them.

TT,i need to buy the TT bar,to place it there.

About RAM,i am so confused with the numbers and models.

if i want a mount with power capabilities,could you please advise me ?

And if i just want to place the quest,without power,if i buy only the small garmin mount bracket,should i be ok ?

i am asking because here in Greece,we do not have the big shops to see,test,and buy these things..we kind of going blind !!

Thanx

About RAM, I am so confused with the numbers and models.

>> it confused me at first, then it all clicks in place. On the RAM UK site I have attempted to explain the part numbering and remove the 'mystic art'.

if i want a mount with power capabilities,could you please advise me ?
And if i just want to place the quest,without power,if i buy only the small garmin mount bracket,should i be ok ?

>> OK.. RAM-B-149Z has standard arm or RAM-B-149ZA with short arm plus RAM-HOL-GA15 cradle for battery only and powered use later QPAC Quest power & audio lead which will be a GPSW branded item and is sandwiched between the RAM diamond base and the GA15 cradle

>> BMW guys get two choices..

>> QPAC02 Power cable with BMW plug and in-line 1.5 amp fuse, short cable length (0.5m) for dashboard power socket, Quest connector and headphone connector

>> QPAC03 Power cable with BMW plug and in-line 1.5 amp fuse, long cable length (1.7m) where the power socket is located under tank or near/behind the rider's leg, Quest connector and headphone connector

>> QPAC ships at end of May 05 (earliest)

>> Using the Garmin 010-10610-00 Bike mount kits which then needs a RAM mount. I have created these two codes, RAM-B-149Z-Q1 and RAM-B-149ZA-Q1 to make ordering easier.

RAM-man

Also have a look at RAM-B-108. On the 1200GS, it sits neatly between the handlebar clamps, in the centre of the bike.

Back
Top Bottom