Hein Gericke toureg boots

rocks

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
Anyone bought a pair of these..?
I would be interested in what people thought of them?

Good or bad??

Cheers

John

rocks said:
Hi Folks,
Anyone bought a pair of these..?
I would be interested in what people thought of them?

Good or bad??

Cheers

John

They're not exciting at all:(

Warm,Dry,Comfortable and cheaper than the near-identical BMW version,had mine 2 years,I'd say there's at least another 2 years left in them:D

Agree with what the other guys said, except that they are more comfortable, warm and waterproof than they said.

thanks guys

Thanks guys..
I actually bought a pair today.. for my trip to scotland this weekend coming.

I have big feet UK size 13.. and the 47's.. fit well.

Just never had a pair of boots with these buckle clasps things, and wasnt sure if they are durable or not.. thanks for the reasurenace. Do have to say they feel pretty comfortable.

Cheers

John

Hi guys, which ones have you got, they have 2 pairs ones the HG TRG Cross Boot & the other is HG Gore TRG Rally Boot, as I am also thinking about a pair as my Alpinestars have probaly seen better days.

Mutley

Mutley said:
Hi guys, which ones have you got, they have 2 pairs ones the HG TRG Cross Boot & the other is HG Gore TRG Rally Boot, as I am also thinking about a pair as my Alpinestars have probaly seen better days.

Mutley

I've got the ones HG describe as " Gore TRG Rally Boot".
Warm, comfortable and kept my feet dry all the way back from the Lands End bash the other week. Had them about 18 months.. seem to be wearing well.

Boots..

Mine are the "TRG Rallye GTX Boot Black 47" according to the lable.. :cool:

They are pretty comfy from the out, but sure it will take a few sessions to get the adjusters quite right for perfection.

How have people found the grip on wet road junctions? The sole looks a little flatish.. ??

Slippy Souls!

Hi Rocks, I did wonder a bit about the grip offroad as well but so far no problems,the sole looks identical to swmbo Savanna 2 boots! I'm a 47 and I must admit I like the leg length of the boot.

Re: Slippy Souls!

chris neil said:
Hi Rocks, I did wonder a bit about the grip offroad as well but so far no problems,the sole looks identical to swmbo Savanna 2 boots! I'm a 47 and I must admit I like the leg length of the boot.
ooh ere misses you'll be talking about thigh length pvc ones next :hapybnce:

Re: Slippy Souls!

chris neil said:

that would be because they are both made by jolly's of italy:D

Re: Boots..

rocks said:
How have people found the grip on wet road junctions? The sole looks a little flatish.. ??

Hell of a lot better than the sidi vertebrae that they replaced:p

Getting the clip adjusters right takes longer than you think. I did the leg ones up too tight then wondered why my legs hurt when I went for a run when I got home...

Hein Gericke sell spare clips at £6.99 each - being paranoid I bought a couple when I bought the boots but after three months I think that may have been overkill.

Gore-Tex Version rocks

I've had a pair of the Gore-tex Taureg boots from HG for a couple of years now, used them 5 days a week through winter, averaging 1000 miles a week, needless to say in all weathers....

never once had wet feet, i bought a size too big so i could put big thick socks in as required, and have had nothing but toasty feet all winter long.....

they get a cool 5 out of 5 from me, style wise, i think they're great, understated quality... i like that!

just my two penneth....

HTH..

Stu.

Full marks from me as well! If memory serves me correctly they are also one of the only motorcycle boots with a CE certificate for safety.

broken in

Well after 1051 miles around scotland they are now borken in..

Never had sore feet,, tired feet but never sore feet..
Never let any water in and on a couple of sunny occasions were very warm and i would have been better with just one pair of socks on.

They are still a bit rigid and i am sure will become even more comfy as they wear in fully. But it was so nice not to have wet feet.. my Sidi vertibra are now designated for summer riding.

And yep they are boots with armour.. :cool:

Just still not sure on the clasps, but time will tell..

And the soles do grip surprisingly well despite my originial reservations even on wet greasy roads.

Following the recommendations in this thread I have just bought a pair today. First impressions are very good, but if it all goes titsup I'll be holding you all personally accountable :D

Mike

Been after a pair of different boots for sometime. Went to Hein Gericke, Portsmouth today. Tried on the TRG boot - felt cheap and the inner mouldings pressed against the ankle bone. Next were a pair of Alpinestar Vector boots. Really really liked the look and feel of this boot. Tried them on the bike.......nah, too clumpy. Tried a pair of Toureg's, good fit, good feel and felt right on the bike. 200 miles later and I still like them. A good purchase, recomended.

Back
Top Bottom