Octber/November

J biker

Reaction score
As per title, looks like we might sneak a late trip in last few days Oct into November 1st week. Probably head to Toulouse, with bikes in van then over in to Spain. looking to stay Sort or similar, a bit further down the N260 than last time (Campo). Do we need to go a bit further down or towards Barcelona for the weather? Not fussed by a bit rain, be good to avoid early snow..dunno...whats the crack?

The weather is always unpredictable but it has been a hot summer and still warm in the mountains so no problems with the weather. Snow usually comes start of December at 1200 meters.
We have an apartment below our house if you would like. We are just up the valley from LLavorsi or 20 mts from Sort. Message me if you are interested.

Can provide a live weather report tonight !

In Broto at the moment and temp today was as high as 31c but think it's to drop later this week.
Got cold and very wet coming over the Pyrenees on Friday. As said, can be unpredictable.

In Broto at the moment and temp today was as high as 31c but think it's to drop later this week.
Got cold and very wet coming over the Pyrenees on Friday. As said, can be unpredictable.

Do pop in to Camping Collegats at La Pobla de Segur if you're heading east - I have my HISS here right now so plenty of craic :)

Meanwhile, is anyone going to the HUMM - October 18 - 20? I'm working with Horizons Unlimited on this project - I put out all 200 waypoints in may, fantastic scenery and challenging trails ... :)

Regs

Simon

I've just got back from there this weekend. I stayed in Sort and also near Campo. Awesome it was. The weather was unseasonably hot there, 35c or so, but don't let that deceive you,. It should be much cooler by October and November with the chance of snow I would think inn the high areas, but not as far south as Campo, possibly in Sort I would think. You could always head to the Costa Brava, great roads along the coast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, this was taken a bit further south on the way back so maybe slightly better chance on the weather. Awesome road I came across, the L551, Coll de Nargo to Tremp. I think I approached it from Vic and Berga.

eafb0f4fa306d3890efee3790a996f1d.jpg

Also, this was taken a bit further south on the way back so maybe slightly better chance on the weather. Awesome road I came across, the L551, Coll de Nargo to Tremp. I think I approached it from Vic and Berga.

That looks like part of the route we did, i posted a circular route including that bit, in this post http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/431324-The-pain-to-Spain-tour/page2 post number 22, a cracking ride and an awesome road.

Did that one last year ;) superb road.:beerjug:

That looks like part of the route we did, i posted a circular route including that bit, in this post http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/431324-The-pain-to-Spain-tour/page2 post number 22, a cracking ride and an awesome road.

Yes, just had a quick look through your post, I think you took a photo in the same spot. I went via Sort and the N260 almost all the way to the Costa Brava but at Olot went via GI524 to Banyoles. GI524 was Another great route, and didn't see another vehicle on it the whole way.

On the way back took this other route via Coll de Nargo, agree possibly the best route I've ever been on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Im thinking Berga or nearby could be a good option for our base? Concerned that Sort/Campo area may be a bit central to any early snow falls. Any opinions to where 'gets it' 1st, or is it just lucky dip and altitude...

We will be heading down through France with the bikes in a van to Toulouse, then heading in to Spain on two wheels from there. (same as last year, September time)

I think you know need a meteorological forum !

Good luck, expect Berga will be fine.

^^^^ no point asking questions and not taking advice...so we are rebooked in to a nice hotel in Solsona. Been on google maps and street view and it all looks better.

Meanwhile combining Michelin maps, Google maps, street view (to see what roads are 'actually' like) and 'motogoloco.com', we have plotted and saved some great routes. Now counting down to the trip. Btw, anybody who could never get a long with the infamous 'Base camp', abandon ship now and go straight to 'motogoloco.com'. Its a breeze to use and routes can be downloaded in the correct format for Garmin, Tomtom and others. Big thumbs up.:thumby:

Are there any 'must sees' or 'must do' roads near Solsona? Looks like I still have 1 day to plan for us. ;)

Yes, the L401 and L511 either side of Coll de Nargo, to the north of where you are staying.

Back
Top Bottom