Sun 8th - Jack's Cafe to Devil's Punchbowl Ride

• Thread starter Captain Scarlet
  • Start date

Captain Scarlet

Meet at Jack's Cafe, on the A30, at the point it runs past Bagshot (pretty much where Berkshire, Surrey and Hampshire collide).

Directions to Jack's Cafe (60 secs from M3 J3):

Exit M3 J3
Follow 'Bracknell'
Left at Lights
Right at R'bout
Right at R'bout
Left at Lights 'A30 Camberley'
Garage on left (please fill up)
Jack's Cafe is 100 yards further up on left

Meet at 08:00 - if you want brekkie there - 08:30 if not.

Hope to see some of you there

thanks for the ride captain.... when i get the photo developed of the bikes i'll post it.

good to meet a GSer that uses the mid range to the full...... wish i could remember the route we followed ;)

Well if it was Joy you Seek, hopefully you enjoyed yourself today, as did we all as usual :)

I honestly wasn't riding all that fast. I suppose if I can allow myself to be slightly shallow, I would say that I assess risks quicker than most and stick confidently to my judgements, whilst keeping a steady throttle - riding the flattering torque spread the GS has; this all enables swift steady progress (copyright Thames Valley Police) ;)

It also helps leading too. People new to riding in groups don't seem to realise that you actually have to ride the fastest if you're at the 'back of the pack'! The main thing was everyone rode within their ability, there were no 'close shaves' and everyone had a nice ride in the sunshine.

The planned route was:

Jack's Café on A 30 in Bagshot
Right A 30
Left A322 Bracknell
Left B3430 Nine Mile Ride
Left B 3016 Eversely Cross
Left at T-Junc B 3016
Right Marsh Lane B 3016
Follow A30 Hook
Left B 3016 Odiham
Thru High St
Left B 3349 Alton
Onwards B 3006 Liss
Thru High St
Left B B2070 Liphook
Onwards B 3004 Linford
Right B 3002 Grayshot
Left A3
Left Devil's Punch Bowl

It was great that you joined us - congrats on passing the 10,000 mile mark whilst en route, and I was also humbled that somebody would also ride up from the coast just to join us too. Respect.

It's nice that the monthly breakfast runs are gaining in popularity, starting with four riders, rising to eight, a dozen or so today and maybe fifteen to twenty next month?

I'll certainly be organising another breakfast run for Sunday 19th June, so look out for the posting - and do join us again (as well as anyone else reading this) if you can, nothing better than meeting new friends with a love of riding and talking bikes.

BTW, best regards to your nice friend with the Duke 999, perhaps if we can persuade him to buy a GS he might actually stop dropping his bikes? LOL! :D

Look forward to seeing that photo!

Captain signing off for now..... :beerjug:

i mentioned 'berry hill' today along with 'climping beach'..... pics are at the bottom of this thread

from box hill just follow the A23 past dorking and at the 'capel' roundabout the A29 starts heading for bognor regis. berry hill starts at berry and is the stretch of steep 's' bends to the roundabout at the top where the A284 starts taking you round Arundel. on the right just before the round about is a car park with the cafe 'hikers'...... this is a bikers point and on thursday nites swarming with them in the summer.

the arrow on this &searchp=newsearch.srf&mapp=newmap.srf]link should be on 'ford open prison'. go through till you get to the round about and pick up the signs for 'climping beach' great beach with car park and fish and chips. :)

good fast ride with great views and turns (should take you 1 1/2 hours from jack's). enjoy when you can.

Thanks for the thread and maps links; it all looks good. I have to consider the start locations of riders, often coming from as far as Hemel Hempstead and Andover as two instances, however I'll definitely consider this information as a possible future rideout. Many thanks.

Next Breakfast Run Rideout will be Sunday 12th June.

Meet usual place, Jack's Cafe at 08:00, destination tbc - but possibly Findon (off A24) via mainly b-roads, for pub lunch and look around Cissbury Leathers.

Captain Scarlet said:
Hey Joyseeker, what happened to the promised photo? :D

21896225-M.jpg

and here it is captain. :)

Many thanks Joyseeker :D

Hopefully see you on the 12th for the next Rideout - probably Jack's Cafe to Cissbury leathers in Findon - and for those that want it: followed by a Pub Lunch then Box Hill :)

Hope to see you there. :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom