fault code

rocky1

help please!!!!
I took my 1100GS into garland+griffiths(haverfordwest) today so they could diagnos my extremly over rich mixture (100 miles to a tank rich):(
bm plugged into diagnostics and fault code 1215 kept coming up
unfortunally bm mechanic left fault code book at home and is on holiday all next week so can,t look at bike again till week after.
he thinks it may be the temp sensor is faulty causing the bike to think the engine is cold all the time and then increases fuel to injectors to compensate.

can anyone tell me what fault code 1215 is please on the 1100GS

thanks
rocky1

:p :p :p

Code 1215 is throttle butterfly angle sensor.
As your GS is drinking fuel,it would suggest that the Motronic is getting a single that the throttle is more open than it actually is and over-fuelling.

THANKS LE SINGE:D

CAN I fit this sensor or will the bm have to go back to garage to fit and retune engine.
IF so where is this sensor situated:eek:

all the best
rocky1 :beer:

rob....

this is a message from rocky1 he says.......

thank you for the links they are very useful, the wires are ok so i think the bike is going back to the bm mechanic......
thanks muchly for the advice

:D

rocky1 said:
help please!!!!
I took my 1100GS into garland+griffiths(haverfordwest) today so they could diagnos my extremly over rich mixture (100 miles to a tank rich):(
bm plugged into diagnostics and fault code 1215 kept coming up
unfortunally bm mechanic left fault code book at home and is on holiday all next week so can,t look at bike again till week after.:p :p :p

Le singe said:
Code 1215 is throttle butterfly angle sensor.
As your GS is drinking fuel,it would suggest that the Motronic is getting a single that the throttle is more open than it actually is and over-fuelling.

The hand held diagnostic reader for the 1100 is the same unit you use for setting the TPS - Why couldn't they re-set it while they had it attached ?

Steptoe, you're forgetting that they are 'only' mere BMW-trained technicians:D

Back
Top Bottom