Adventure Baglux

Big Den

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone fitted a tank cover to the 30 ltr tank ?
and no there were no instructions, Baglux (bought from) are emailing France as my comments were that two of the 3 bottom clips do not appear to fit anywhere.

any help much etc etc.

Adventure bagiux

Big den i fitted a baglux tank cover with no instructions it was a piece of cake, they are a bit fidly, those bottom clips just clip under the tank then pull tight, they are a lot easier to fit than the old baglux that are fitted to the stock 1150 gs they can take up to one hour, where as the new adventure baglux only takes about 20 mins.

Andy

There are 3 straps on each side running from the front (bulge) to the rear.
The front and rear ones are a curved hook inserted inside the strap, the middle ones are a channeled clip.
The channeled clip fits fine on the raised tank channel but the other 2 clip to nothing I can see.
The inside surface of the tank is flat so I cannot see how the curved clips will secure and they are not long enough to cross in front of the shock.

Adventure bagiux

Big den if you want to give me a bell some time i will have a go at explaining to you if pos how to fit this tank cover.
01765 601792
07702490786 mob

Andy

This is the bit I cannot get my head round - the "clip" is rounded and the position (marked with tape) is flat.
I hope to christ I am not being thick.

Attachments

• mvc-005e.jpg
    mvc-005e.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 371
When pulled tight both sides the clip part is actually through the plastic bit and it will not fit round the crash bar I've tried.

bagster clips

:p i've had the bagster grey ones for the adv. try hooking the straps to the tank not the crash bars:D cheers.........

Tank is flat on the inside (where clip sits) clip is half round !
When attached as you describe i can pull the cover off with my little finger as its 1. loose and 2. the clips do not hold as they are half round !:(

big ben

:p on the pic u shown,try hooking it on the metal sub-frame near the oil hose. u can bend the hooks a bit. Or if u are using H&B crash bars u can just hook it near the inner bars that is joint to the bikes main frame.:beerjug:

Thanks for trying to help, I will give it a go.
I have just phoned baglux and the instructions are in the post, be interesting to see how its supposed to fit !!
They have been very helpful but you would think it would not be that hard to fit !!
I am off to try again.

Cheers

Yep its on and pretty secure FS was right about the 1st hooks but the second one does not go on the frame rail but I did find an alternative anchor point. Instructions were a bit basic and didn't translate too well from the french.

Back
Top Bottom