Hello from Bonny Scotland

RBD666

Reaction score
Been lurking on here a while before buying my R1200GS LC Iconic.

Traded in my one year old Honda Africa Twin, great bike but always felt a bit 'flimsy', certainly not in the same league as the GS, but then it's a £10k bike.

Currently modifying to my tastes, extra so far:-
Crash bars
Spot lights
Mud slinger
Fender extender
Engine guard
Navigator V
Givi Trekker top box in black

Next is an end can, can't decide between a black Akrapovic or Yoshimura, decisions, decisions...! Also need to get a dark tinted screen to finish off the black and white contrast look!

Bike rides really well, heated grips very toasty, cruise control on the motorway is a brilliant idea to ease aching hands! Standard screen is plenty high enough to give good wind protection for me.

I dont like panniers on a bike so will probably add a roll pack for the pillion seat when I go on my European tour, as I don't carry pillions.

Then I need a new helmet and riding gear to replace my aging kit, great fun choosing all this stuff, keeps me occupied now I've retired!

I'm based in Moffat in the Scottish Boders - some great biking roads around here!

Here's a picture....

image.jpg (114.8 KB)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 344
:rob"But then it's a 10k bike ...". :rob

Never thought I'd hear or read that! Hey ho. Welcome aboard! :D

Was in Bigger and Moffat yesterday the fog heading into Moffat was like pea soup as you says great roads
2675730712c4a56775f6e88a5b388268.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiya and what a brilliant place to be.

So many amazing roads up there.

Welcome - a nice place to live......... Moffat.

Will look out for your bike - out on the road

Al

Nice bike, i'm often in Moffat , passing through, was at the green frog before new year with another mate on ours gs's also do the blood bikes. You know Clint and the family at Buccleugh Hotel? Cheers may see you on the road Baz.

Busy weekend and skinned knuckles fitting new farkles all weekend...exhaust, screen, mudslinger, fender extender, engine protector etc, etc..

So here she is, the finished article in all her glory!

Worth getting knuckles scraped its looking good I had the exact same yoshi on my last bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome, lovely looking bike and Moffat really does have some cracking roads. Stayed a few times at the buccleuch arms moffat really nice down your way...

Enjoy..

Back
Top Bottom