Mobile Phones

steve1074

I'm after some kit so I can use my Nokia 6630 whilst on the move. I currently use a shoei full face lid and so I'd be looking for:

a) something to fit in that lid to make my phone usable; or,

b) a new lid that's kitted up with bluetooth. I think the System V has a bluetooth loop as does a Dainese lid.

I'm after your experiences though on what works out there. I have heard horror stories about Nokia bluetooth helmet kits not working with Motorola's etc and vice versa.

Although I'd like to keep the costs down the kit must work and call quality must be pretty good as I use my bike for travelling around at work.

Cheers

Steve

Have to say in my experience the _only_ way to do this properly is with the Autocom system.

Sure you can bodge it for a lot less but you _will_ end up disappointed and end up buying the Autocom unit after months/years of futzing around with wires and mic positions etc so you migth as well just save yourself the grief and the extra expense.

Obviously this is what I didn't do :( Over a five year period I spent over 500 quid on 7 or 8 different attempts to get this right. Then 2 years ago I bought an Autocom and I haven't had to touch it since, I use it everyday and it just works.

steve1074 said:
b) a new lid that's kitted up with bluetooth. I think the System V has a bluetooth loop as does a Dainese lid.

Read this thread before you go that route!

Check that it works before you buy one of these lids.

Greg

Autocom is the only way forward. Ive got a bluetooth kit fitted to my bike which means I have no wire to the phone. Its great.

Back
Top Bottom