Powered Garmin Quest Motorcycle mounts in stock!!!

thauma

Reaction score
I've just got my hands on one of those 'rarer than rocking horse droppings' Quest Powered mounts from GSD NAvigation Aldermaston (01189 710 630).

I'm not associated with them, other than being a customer. I have no interest in their business, I just wanted to let y'all know there's some units available.

Hapy Cruisin'

Cheers

Dave#...

Hi there, is it possible to connect headphones to this unit. I.e. does it have some form of headphone socket?

thauma said:
I've just got my hands on one of those 'rarer than rocking horse droppings' Quest Powered mounts from GSD NAvigation Aldermaston (01189 710 630).

I'm not associated with them, other than being a customer. I have no interest in their business, I just wanted to let y'all know there's some units available.

Hapy Cruisin'

Cheers

Dave#...

Hi,
How much are they selling them for?
Cheers
Steve

ELIMINATOR said:
Hi there, is it possible to connect headphones to this unit. I.e. does it have some form of headphone socket?

Yes!

Yes they are the standard Garmin units, so they have a headphone socket, I can't remember the price (I bought other stuff too) but about the £50 mark.

010-10610-00

'hens teeth found'..,

GPS Warehouse (www.gpsw.co.uk) have some of 'em in stock as of today.

Remember you'll need a mount, RAM-B-149Z-Q1 or RAM-B-149ZA-Q1 to attach onto your GS.

RAM-man

Hen's teeth ordered.

Very excited to get hold of one of these. :D

Next question - :confused: - how do I wire this thing to my '05 Dakar? Really crap at bike electrics as new to this whole bike malarky.

I presume I don't just wire the bare wires to the battery:confused: Can someone point me in the right direction, or better still give me a link to some detailed instructions?!

All help much appreciated.

:beerjug:

I picked one up today from GPSW after reading this tip off. It cost pennies over £50, plus another £8 for the RAM ball to bolt on the back. It comes with a 3.5mm headphone socket on a short (sub 10cm) flying lead from the back of the unit. the power cable terminates in two bare wires and an inline fuse.

Cheers,

Paul

SilentG said:
I picked one up today from GPSW after reading this tip off. It cost pennies over £50
Paul
Someones making a tidy profit. Mine cost £39.50 from US of A and a third of that was P&P.

Dave

Did you pay Duty & VAT on that when it arrived.

EURTRAF

With our French holiday no more than 3 weeks away I am, on one hand, a little tempted to leap in and acquire one of these Garmin brackets from GPSW, although on the other hand I'm thinking shall I wait for the GPSW power cable:rolleyes:

To use Dusty Springfields line, "I just dont know what to do with myself"

I saw the recent posting re the GPSW Power Cable BUT what say you RAM MAN??

Hope you're keeping well Steve:)

Cheers
Steve

EURTRAF said:
Dave

Did you pay Duty & VAT on that when it arrived.

EURTRAF
EURTRAF,
I bought it from a company called Provantage. The goods have to go through a central clearing warehouse in the states , however, no extra charge was applied. I can only put this down to the low cost of the purchase. Delivery only took two days.
Dave P

Re: Hen's teeth ordered.

topper said:
Very excited to get hold of one of these. :D

Next question - :confused: - how do I wire this thing to my '05 Dakar? Really crap at bike electrics as new to this whole bike malarky.

I presume I don't just wire the bare wires to the battery:confused: Can someone point me in the right direction, or better still give me a link to some detailed instructions?!

All help much appreciated.

:beerjug:

Can't really help with the specific wiring as I know nothing of the 650....

You're right though, wiring it through an ignition switched live would be better than directly from the battery so you don't have a pernmanently live connection at the cradle when the bike's off.

If your lights are on with the ignition, you could join a wire from the live side and take that to the garmin harness......DON'T use scotchlocks, use either a proper crimp connector or solder the joint.
Also, put in an inline fuse....1amp will suffice.

The other wire should obviously go to a decent earth.

Cable tie the whole lot up neatly, allowing enough slack for the bars to turm full lock if necessary, and it's job done ;)

Back
Top Bottom