Another new one to the site

kbrad44

Reaction score
New to the site and just doing my intro. 51 years old, Been into bikes since around 10 and have never been without one since.

About three weeks ago I took my Tiger 1050 to a mates for an MOT. After the test he said he was heading over to Bahnstormer in Maidenhead and asked if I wanted to come along. What a mistake that was because I spied a S1000XR in the showroom. My mate said go ask for a test ride which to my surprise they agreed, took some details then wheeled the bike out of the showroom. Normally I am used to having to book test rides so this took me by surprise. After giving it a test following my mate on soaking roads I took it back and arranged a test ride the following week on a 2017 model which apparently has less vibes.

Got to test ride the new S1000XR the following week and loved it for its sheer fun factor as it catapults me towards light speed. But I just could not get on with it in heavy town traffic so took it back and handed over the keys saying its not for me. The salesman obviously knew his job as he threw the keys to me for a new GS1200 Adventure TE. Reluctantly I agreed and went outside to the bike shaking my head as the styling really is not to my taste. Lets just say that I can now understand why they sell so many. Just 5 minutes riding and I felt totally at home. At one stage I fully stopped at some pedestrian lights and balanced stationary for over 5 seconds without putting my feet down then continued on my way. My only initial gripe was my heel catching the centre stand wth my foot on the peg which I soon forgot about after I got used to it.

Needless to say, my new GS1200 Adventure TE is on order and I am collecting it on the 1st of March. My first ever BMW :)

Welcome along and happy new bike when she arrives. :thumb2

You have discovered now that what my sig line says it true. :)

Welcome to all things UKGSer :thumby:

I hope you get loads of miles'n smiles in with that new 'bike o' yours :thumb

:beerjug:

Welcome! The chaps at Bahnstormer are very, very good for both Sales/after-Sales and Service, as are the lot at North Oxford (NOG) - I see you're in Didcot, so guessing they're closest to you.

Welcome! The chaps at Bahnstormer are very, very good for both Sales/after-Sales and Service, as are the lot at North Oxford (NOG) - I see you're in Didcot, so guessing they're closest to you.

Yeah it was more spur of the moment thing as I had never even been into a BMW dealership until my mate got me to go along with him. The only reason I kept with maidenhead is because at the time it was the only place I knew and they are very helpful. Very surprised I really like the GSA though, as for me it has looks that only its mother would like. But as I stack up the miles I expect I'll get to like the looks too :) But for riding I really love how balanced the bike is and coming from a V-twin/ Triple background I like the power delivery too.
One thing I refuse to do though is to wear the Grey BMW riding gear! (Waits for the flame wars to begin :D)

Back
Top Bottom