Hello from Devon, UK!

arealhuman

Reaction score
Hi All,

After asking about an '08 model in this thread, circumstances changed and I picked up a very recent TE Triple Black today. Loving it so far, although I've only done a few miles.

First thoughts:
  • Engine braking - mental! I've never ridden a bike that slows as much when you throttle-off. Not saying this is a bad thing, never encountered it before that's all ;-)
  • Power - seems enough to me. Bike seems stable at motorway speeds.
  • Comfort - all OK for a couple of hours, although mild numb bum set in after that. Standing up now and then helped.
  • Heated grips - it's been a while since I've had these, glad I did earlier!
  • Engine noise - odd but in a good way. For some reason it reminded me of an old WW2 plane, no idea why :confused: I do like the noise the exhaust makes, quite a nice growl for standard pipe.
  • Gear change assist thingy - good if used in the right place (higher revs, harder acceleration IMHO). Feels a bit clunky going from 3rd to 2nd, but that just might be me.
  • Clutch - so light! Bites too far away from the lever for my liking, but I'll get used to it.
  • Screen - I like the smaller screen in terms of looks. It's not bad at deflecting wind at motorway speeds, but not totally effective either. I like the adjuster.
  • Gizmos - I'll need to get a computer degree to work it all out.

That's all for now, but so far I'm very impressed with the bike. The nearest bike I've had to this was a Triumph Tiger Explorer XC, and whilst that had a peach of an engine that I personally don't think the BMW will better, so far the beemer outshines the XC.

Anyway, that's it, just dropped in to say hi :thumb2

ARH

I'm up the road in South Somerset - Welcome!
Funny enough I thought the same about the GS when I swapped from an 1100xx - Sopwith Camel came to mind!
Enjoy!

And from the far West, greetings and 'health to ride' as our :aidan friends say.

If you want to get it dirty let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you regarding the TE, got the computers for dummies book.
As for the gear shift, that will take a while to get used to.

Welcome, enjoy the new bike I've had mine about a year and I love it however for some reason I can't explain why I really fancy the S1000XR.

Back
Top Bottom