BMW Motorrad

g.s.john

Getting old aint fer pussies
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
got the quote from this lot £411.00 that's up from £149.00 last year no changes on the policy, i don't mind a joke but fuck a pantomime.

That's fuck all, I renewed my insurance on 5th April, but now that im about to change my bike at the end of the month I did like any good bikermate should do and informed my insurer. Well I paid £100.70 when I purchased the policy in April, and since the new bike is more valuable and more powerful than the GSA I was expecting to pay a good bit more for said Insurance. Imagine my surprise when the lady came back and said the insurer doesn't cover that bike and we will need to run a new quote......result...£765 !!!! Oh and by the way there will be a £75 cancellation charge plus whatever the insurer charges you.....ehh ? I told her in no uncertain terms that she could beg steal or borrow but there would be no further payment coming from me, on hold for 10 mins, she comes back and says OK that"s us quits you owe us nothing Policy will be cancelled from 31st May (which I requested). Then jumped onto the Meerkat site and would you believe it ? Same broker, DEVITT quote £180 !! BUNCH OF UTTER UTTER BASTARDS, the lot of them and everyone who is associated with the thievin cnuts.

Or an alternative view:

Renewal price from Devitt Motorrad scheme: £154
Let the policy lapse for a day and get a "new" quote from the same broker / scheme: £84. Even sent them back their own documentation to prove my NCB.

Mine hardly changed this year and was reasonable so carried on with BMW - insurance companies seem to use a random number generator to come up with quotes, it all seems rather bizarre???????

i used BMW insurance when they gave a free 7 day insurance when collecting a new bike. The quote they gave for an annual policy was ok too, so I took it. Had it 12 months , no claims , not even a letter or call from or too them, Perfect. The renewal was up nearly £190. so after doing the meerkat thing. I fuked em off for one £250 cheaper !!!

They are all the same ......robbing twats

Someone has got to pay for all the GSAs going AWOL, at least until the Mothership stops making the steering lock bolts out of cheese metal.

The BMW Policy is nicely packaged, without the need to think too much about all the bolt-on extras, but just shop around & see if you can persuade them to match/reduce.

Just been on go compare Bennets XS £500.00, protected NCB, legal cover £200.37
less than half price i'll be on the phone at 0800 and have some of that.

Carole Nash.. virtually immediate quote, followed by a little bit of a haggle, 3 bmw bikes insured..

They also quoted on my van insurance which was competitive, they got that too..

& im STILL waiting for Devitt to call me back from 9am this morning, I kid you not..

One section was BMW Motorrad & the other the commercial section, never made a claim but now have a few (caugh) points which has increased premium lots..
Disgusting service really from Devitt.

Well here my 5-penneth! I am with BMW Motorrad inusrance / Devitt/ under written by ERS and my premium was due for my GSA April I paid it and it was up £59.00 on last year (no claims) count be arsed on go compare etc. Find it good when we ride up to AJ's and use loaners from dealers etc. Anyway Ive just ordered a Blue bike "tomorrows Pink IMHO" a GS R1200 Rallye Sport. I collect it Saturday so being mindful I thought id let thE BMW Motorrad insurance know about the change, after answering their questions. They then hit me with a additional £152 premium charge ? WTF I asked? and having only just paid my annual increased premium i was aware if i tell them to stuff it i would loose a big chunk of dosh, so i sort of calmly argued the case saying its same BHP125 same frame, same riding position, same wheels, same tyres, etc etc They then came back saying The new Rally Sport was a higher premium! It may be more kickable or more this more that . I said well its locked in a alarmed garage behind a electric gated property just the same post code as the GSA was etc etc And the GSA was valued more ! Same annual milage. Why can they rip you off for a additional £152 as I'm the customer paying the bill you would think you could talk to the under writers but no they would not allow it. Having been put over the barrel i paid the premium and made sure my comments were recorded. But be aware a GS Rallye sport commands a higher insurance premium! I wonder if the under writer thinks the word Sport means its a racer FFS I don't get it. When my renewal comes up next year i will be shopping around Big Style.

Be it Bennetts, Carole Nash etc you're only dealing with the middle man and not the Insurer themselves. They are all now regulated by the FCA and I believe that under those regulations that if a customer asks them to disclose their earnings on a policy they are obliged to do so. Would be interesting if next time they give you a premium that's gone up massively you were to ask that question and then find out who the real robbers are.

Back
Top Bottom