Exhausts for 1100 GS

Bullefnatt

Hello

I am fairly new to the BMW boxers as well as this forum, having recently purchased a 1997 R1100GS.

I have been browsing the forums for info on aftermarket exhaust systems for the 1100 for a while, unfortunately the info I have found was very confusing

My bike has the huge OEM BMW exhaust pipe with a pre-silencer, but as far as I can tell It has no Lambda sensor. It does however have a small hole near the subframe which I belive contains the CO-sensor.

Exactly which modifications would need to be done fitting an aftermarket exhaust pipe such as a Remus, Zach or Sebring with an S-pipe?

Most exhaust systems I have found do contain a "hole" for the Lambda sensor, can this be filled with a simple bolt, welded, or can It simply be left?

Do I need a Teclusion or similar chip or can everything be sorted via the CO-sensor and adjustments made through this?

Thank you for your help

Bullefnatt

Not 100% certain about this but if yours is the same as my 99 model then you don't need any kind of chip to swap exhausts. The on board electrickery will sort it out itself after a little while.

The pre-silencer is the cat, and you should be able to just leave the hole.

a remus titanium grand prix it is the bomb
will fit directly to the bike and gets rid of the cat
sounds the business you shoul be able to pick one up
s/h

Have a look at Nippy Norman, I bought a system from there. Remus Grand Prix, sounds great and is about half the weight of the factory fitted scrap.

Heres the complete answer.

You have a catalytic converter and std silencer.

You need either a complete one piece pipe with 's' bend

example 'Laser '

or get a 2 piece system - 'S' piece and can

example Remus.

Laser has no lambda drilling

Remus does but with blanking plug.

Leave the CO pot alone

leave the code plug alone.

balance the throttle bodies and reset the TPS to 390mV - you'd need to search on this

HTH

( I'm so helpful )

In my experiance, if you change the way the fuel comes out, you must change the way it goes in.

Thanks everybody for your replies

I am still a bit confused, are you saying that my bike has a catalyst even though it does not have a Lambda sensor?

I always predumed It would have either both or none of the two

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom