Adventure crash bars wanted

2 wheel humvee

www.humvee-graphics.com
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I bought my Adventure from stock and so I didn't get chance to "spec" it as I'd have liked,the only addition I'd have made would have been engine bars,retro fitting them now is costly,anybody out there have a set? or bought an Adventure with em and don't want/need em? As far as I know nobody makes engine bars resembling the original Adventure bars-or do they?
A mate of mine got lucky and bought a set from a dealer whose demonstrator got dropped on a test ride,they were only lightly scratched,that would be okay by me,does lightning strike twice?

Personnally I' would go for the HP ones,
they seem to be better made and are slightly cheaper @ £110 INC VAT POSTAGE. Available in black or chrome

Fitting takes about 1 hour, read Simon E step by step instructions.

Andrew

2 Wheel Humvee:

Our friend Mike Oughton has had the advantage (misfortune) of testing his OE Adventurer bars - the bike is in being repaired now and he is opting for Hepco & Becker bars this time.

Now I don't know how bad the original bars are or whether they are his to sell now but are you after looks or protection? If its the latter I'd use this useful insight and 'go figure' as they say ;)

But I'm sure Mike will be along soon to give you benefit of his wisdom personally.

And, right on cue...

Cheers Jud9e. My Adventure bars are pretty scarred up, although I guess if you were to use a good deal of elbow grease smoothing out the scars you could then get them powder coated. I don't know yet whether I'll be able to get the salvage off my bike (look out for a 'customised' Touratech 41 litre special pannier set if I can!).
I went for the H&B option as:
1. They look, having compared all the aftermarket options, to give the best protection (better than the BMW Adventure bars, IMO) and
2. They were £85 + VAT, as opposed to £388 + VAT for the BMWs - the difference allowed me to make several upgrades to Gustav during his convalescence....

I'll post & let you know, if you are interested, if the bars become available.

MikeO:)

Hum Vee
I was looking for a set, thought they might fit but they don't :(
but while i was looking it did occur to me how similar they are
to normal GS crash bars but with an extra 4 bits of pipe and
a 2 brackets.
Cost of GS C/Bars £160
" " ADV C/Bars £455
That's nearly £300 for 4 bits of pipe and 2 brackets :rolleyes:

Attachments

• crash bar.jpg
    crash bar.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 92
Adventure crash bars

Thank you all for your useful comments,the O.E. BMW Adv bars carry a scary price,seems like they don't offer £300 worth more protection than the H&B bars,seems like my choice has been made for me!
Mike,let me know whether you do salvage the bars,I'll dither awhile before I buy,and sometimes enjoy a challenge-hope your steed regains full health real soon!

Back
Top Bottom