Tyre fitters in France near Millau

adamski49

Reaction score
As my tyres aren't completely worn, but don't have sufficient life left in them for my entire week in France, I'm considering having new tyres fitted in France, hopefully somewhere near Millau.

Having had a puncture repaired at the Annecy branch of Metifiot last year I was impressed with the qaulity of service and would happily use them again. Unfortunately ther are no branches near our route (closest one is about 30 miles off it).

So, can anyone recommend a quality moto tyre fitter around Millau that would stock either Michelin Pilot Roads or Bridgestone BT010's in 120/70 ZR 17 (58 W) TL Front and 170/60 ZR 17 (72 W) TL Rear?

Alternatively, are there any other chains of tyre fitters that are set up to deal with bikes that have websites I can browse?

Using my limited French I have searched using 'moto pneus' and found very little. What other words would I need to enter to find these outlets?

TIA

Adam :)

When do you need to know Adam? I will be going up there within a couple of weeks. If it is now now I can ring around for you.

Bob

Bob

No panic, a couple of weeks will be just about right.

We plan to arrive in Millau late afternoon Sunday 19 June and find a convenient hotel for that night. Then, with a bit of luck, have new tyres fitted Monday morning before making our way across to Sault on the abundance of picturesque twisties that I've found on the Michelin maps :)

I may bottle out and get tyres fitted the week before we leave but it seems a shame to throw away tyres when they have some life left in them, especially if I can get them fitted en route with little inconvenience.

Any info you can get would be appreciated, in particular contact details, so that I can reserve a pair of tyres in advance. Many thanks.

Adam :beerjug:

I will have a look on the minitel and ring around for you next week. Lovely weather down here just now.

Almost all tyre change places do motorbikes. Norauto, Veu Verte, Siligom, etc. There's usually one in every 2nd or 3rd village.

Thanks Mike. It would appear SiliGom have a fitter in Millau:

8, avenue Martel
12100 - MILLAU
sur la RN 9, direction Clermont-Ferrand
Tél : 0565600977
Fax : 0565606121

Does anyone know if they deal with motos and have tyres in stock, specifically the ones listed above? Another potential problem is the fact that I only have a sidestand and no centre stand on my S.

I'd phone them but my French is limited to asking for food, drink and a room for the night. Anything beyond that and I have to resort to keywords accompanied by hand signals and sound effects... a bit tricky over the phone :blush

Hi Adam,

Just called the people in Millau, they don't have the tyres in stock and are unsure how long it would take to order, it all got a bit complicated with them. Then I called the Centre Pneu Moto Orange, they have your sizes but only in Metzeler or Avon! Metifiot in Avignon seems to be the best bet. They can do the Michelins for €340.4 fitted or Bridgestone BT 014 for €305.23. They reckon the BT 010 are out of production now. They need you to call them 48 hrs before.

ZAC de la Cristole
84140 Avignon - Montfavet

Tel. : 04 90 87 56 48
Fax : 04 90 87 83 00

Nos horaires d'ouverture :

Lundi - Vendredi
8h - 12h
14h - 18h30

Samedi
8h - 12h

Is that OK?

Bob

Hi Bob

Thanks for that. Metifiot it is then. Just got to check with the others if a 60 mile diversion off our route and an additional couple of hours will fit into our schedule.

Pricewise they seem to be on a par with the UK so no saving to be had.

Is there a French equivalent to the the streetmap.co.uk website that will allow me to pinpoint where they are? The Garmin maps won't find ZAC de la Cristole :(

Thanks again Bob, that's been extremely helpful. I owe you a biere ou deux :)

Cheers

Adam :beerjug:

Adam,

I thought you were passing through Orange, Avignon is 32 very fast klicks away. Sault is about the same distance from either so it won't impact that much on your trip. Avignon is a nice place also.
You can check Michelin.com for maps. PM me an email address and I will send you a map.

Bob

Shenzi said:
Adam,

I thought you were passing through Orange, Avignon is 32 very fast klicks away. Sault is about the same distance from either so it won't impact that much on your trip. Avignon is a nice place also.
You can check Michelin.com for maps. PM me an email address and I will send you a map.

Bob

Actually, it's viaMichelin.com ...

viaMichelin put me within 1/4 mile of City Select - how accurate are French postcodes. UK ones narrow it down to a few streets. Is it the same with the French ones or does 84140 cover all of Montfavet?

Cheers

adamski49 said:
viaMichelin put me within 1/4 mile of City Select - how accurate are French postcodes. UK ones narrow it down to a few streets. Is it the same with the French ones or does 84140 cover all of Montfavet?

Cheers

That size city, it'll cover the whole city. But you should be able to add the address in viaMichelin.

Back
Top Bottom