Sun 12th - Bagshot to Cissbury Leathers to Box Hill

• Thread starter Captain Scarlet
  • Start date

Captain Scarlet

Following on from the successful Devil's punchbowl ride last month - All Welcome:

Sunday 12th June
08:00 - Jack's Cafe for breakfast (A30 Bagshot - near BP Garage)
08:30 - Safety Lecture / Rideout Briefing (Mandatory)
09:00 - Ride to Findon (via mainly b-roads)
10:30 - Cissbury Leathers Shop (A24 Findon)
11:00 - Bar Snack Pub Lunch (Findon Village)
12:00 - Ride to Box Hill (A24 nr Dorking)
...depart Box Hill at your leisure

These rideouts are growing in popularity. We had about ten or twelve riders last month. As long as the interest remains, I'm happy to continue to organising these rides.

Hope to see some of you on the day :)

Ride-out

Hi-

I'm not able to make the ride, but as Jack's is so close to my place I'll take the opportunity to come down and say hi to a few members.

Paul G
(the other)

Hi Paul,

I hope there are other members for you to speak to! :)

Joyseeker (R12GS) turned up for the whole ride last month, and we met up with a couple of GS riders at our destination (Devil's Punchbowl) that day.

The majority of riders on these breakfast run/rideouts are made up of riders from my company - Nokia (Riders Club) - and so there's a mixture of bikes and abilities.

It's a friendly atmosphere, with the emphasis on a safe and fun ride, rather than race.

If you can't make this ride then the next is likely to be July 31st to the Fat Boy Diner just outside Abingdon in Oxfordshire. Start will be Jack's Cafe (a constant now) and route up via Henley etc.

Anyway, hope you can come along just for a chat on the 12th - the breakfast at Jack's is worth it alone! :D

great ride out captain...... great route..... b2031 is in the dreams.

ending at a great find at finton/findon? :confused:

good find ...... making note ..... leaders of ride outs should ride gs's..... looks like a cavalry charge ...... :)

Glad you enjoyed it!

It was also nice to see The Other Paul G for breakfast (at least) - I don't know how he can put a round of golf above a ride in the sunshine with a dozen bikes inc three R12GS, but there you go! :)

Box Hill was pretty busy after Cissbury Leathers in sleepy Findon, and I was impressed with the number of riders we had - seems to increase every month!

I'll put another posting up for next month's ride, but will email you directly anyway. Expect it to be the last Sunday of the month for July as I'm in the States at the begining.

Glad you enjoyed it - see you on future rides.

Captain 'mid-range power:)' Scarlet!

I don't know how he can put a round of golf above a ride in the sunshine with a dozen

I don't know how he can put a round of golf above a ride in the sunshine with a dozen bikes inc three R12GS,

Guilty as charged!!

Sounds like you had a great ride - any chance you could include me on the circulation list for the next event?

Cheers,

Paul G
(the other)

posting for the captain

24844588-M.jpg

Paul: Yes, email me directly (rich.dunn@nokia.com) and I'll add you to the rideout distribution list, as per Joyseeker, etc. I will, however, put postings up for future rideouts anyway.

Joyseeker: Thanks for posting the picture; I really must become a site sponser soon!

Ah ha... now I've seen the pictures... I assumed there'd be a whole load of GS's, not just two. I think I passed you going the other way near Dunsfold. Got a big wave from the bloke on the yellow (I think) GS at the front. Anyway, hello!

unhinged said:
Ah ha... now I've seen the pictures... I assumed there'd be a whole load of GS's, not just two. I think I passed you going the other way near Dunsfold. Got a big wave from the bloke on the yellow (I think) GS at the front. Anyway, hello!

i wasn't waving at you but the post box :D

the captain rides yellow also.

I lead our group and saluted a group of riders comign the other way at one point - so if that's what you saw, then that was me! :)

The monthly rideout is for the guys at work: the Nokia Riders Club. This month I think we had twelve riders and three on R1200GS's - but I'm trying to increase the GS ratio without anyone noticing! ;)

As Joyseeker says, we both ride yellow GS's - because obviously they are faster, safer and more frugal natch :rolleyes:

Anyway, nice day for it - we've had four dry rideouts in a row now with increased attendance at each - so I hope both continue! :)

Hi
I'm also local to you... Blackwater .... and ride a fast 1150.. (Yellow of coarse:D ) so will look out again for the next post re ride out. have seen the ones in the past but have been working, but maybe next time. :)

Biking Viking -

... glad to see you have a fast by default (yellow) GS too :D

Blackwater is practically walkable to Bagshot (but who'd want to with a GS at your disposal :))

Yes, do keep an eye out for future rideouts and bring your mates along too - the more the merrier :D

The next rideout will definitely be the last weekend in July (Sat or Sun TBC) and will be a route out towards Henley/Abingdon.

Hope to see you then :beerjug:

starting bagshot again weekend july 30/31st to be confirmed by the captain.

copy of email to me.

As usual we will leave Jack's Cafe in Bagshot at 09:00 after the mandatory
safety chat. But for a change, I'm offering you a choice of date - you need
to confirm a preference by Friday. I'm happy to lead the ride either on (A)
Saturday 30th or (B) Sunday 31. I will announce the most popular date on
Monday, and my advanced apologies if you can't make the general consensus
preferred date.

Probable Route & Stops:

1. Hughendon Triumph (A40 J7), via Holyport (A330), and Marlow (B482)
2. Harley's Diner/Cafe (A4074 beneath Abingdon), via A329/Wallingford
3. Thames Valley Harley Davidson (nr A308/A4 junc) Maidenhead, via Henley
(A4074)

the stops are real good and strangely i have pics of them.

29121665-M.jpg

used to be a beemer dealer but still does MCC.

attachment.php

for harley read the new name.

29121669-M.jpg

an iron horse for £27k if you're interested.

29121660-M.jpg

wonder if this is the captain's new way of ensuring he doesn't lose you? :rolleyes:

29122580-M.jpg

Joyseeker - what are you like chap! :D

Yes, note that whoever is at the front of the pack - don't overtake the aeroplane! I'll drop flour-bombs at junctions so you know which route to take ;)

Look like next weeks rideout will be BOTH Sat and Sun too; as a dozen or so riders, so far, have voted equally for both days - shot myself in the foot there, doh!

I'll post a seperate thread about that in a day or two.... :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom