Tuesday 7th June 2005 - Early evening offroad ?

Clive

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone fancy a couple of hours gentle off-roading sometime from 5pm(ish) ?

Berkshire/North Hants area ?

I'll be putting some more running-in miles on my TTR250 as the GS is still a bit sick.

Clive said:
Anyone fancy a couple of hours gentle off-roading sometime from 5pm(ish) ?

Berkshire/North Hants area ?

I'll be putting some more running-in miles on my TTR250 as the GS is still a bit sick.

What have you bought now? Couldn't wait for the new FD?

(Looks like the short-term contract is on for Monday! I'm having a meeting Thursday to sort out absence for the trip! Might tell them to poke it if they won't give me some time to get away!)

Re: Re: Tuesday 7th June 2005 - Early evening offroad ?

Gotterdammerung said:
What have you bought now? Couldn't wait for the new FD?

(Looks like the short-term contract is on for Monday! I'm having a meeting Thursday to sort out absence for the trip! Might tell them to poke it if they won't give me some time to get away!)

The dealer seems a bit chaotic at present, staff ill or something - speaking with them tomorrow to see if the parts have arrived (yet) :rolleyes:

Good news on the job - does this mean we can have more beer each evening :p

Dahoum said:
Sorry Clive but I'll be riding through Poland ;)

Wots up with your bike?

So I've seen :D

My final drive was leaking oil and there was noticable rear wheel movement when hot.

hey clive.

if u could wait til 6, i'll join ya. don't finish work til 5.

i'm not gonna be online again before hand, so give me a call/text on 07795807803 if u fancy it.

:beerjug:

A plan

Just spoken with carcher2k - we are meeting at Chieveley services (M4 J13) at 6pm then heading North(ish) towards Ilsley(s)/Ridgeway - lots of Byways and RUPPs to choose from.

I'll be leaving Reading around 5 to play in some mud and water on the way to the services :D

Pondboy said:
Can you suggest somewhere for me to hook up with you on your way out of Reading?

How about - M4 J12 head towards Newbury on A4 over the first roundabout and after a mile or so another roundabout with A340 (to Pangbourne). I'm sure there is a layby just by the roundabout on the A340 (around N51 25.933 W1 05.535) ?
I'll then be heading down the A4 to near Aldermaston for the first byway
N51 24.098 W1 08.525

I'm not sure I can get to J 13 by 6pm, I'm coming from Swindon and have a late meeting.

Any chance of a contact number and meeting you guys somewhere on the trail at around 7ish?

Dave

bandit said:
Any chance of a contact number and meeting you guys somewhere on the trail at around 7ish?

Chris is on 07795807803
I am on 07754090099

Don't forget your OS map :)

Yup got them.

also got memory map cd's with me (os GB south) if anyone wants to borrow them.

Clive,

3 falls, one broken mirror, lots of sweat = Excellent ride.

Must get a more appropriate tyre as my worn Pirelli was def not up to the job.

Lovely views and some great byways. Count me in for the next one.

PB

Attachments

• green lanes.jpg
    green lanes.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 82
sorry i missed it. didnt finish work til 8pm.

definitely getting out somewhere tonight

bandit said:
definitely getting out somewhere tonight

You could Ridgeway it back from Avebury :)

I'll probably be available next Tuesday same time same place - still on the TTR though at this rate :rolleyes:

last night on the ridgeway

:D

Attachments

• dscn0318a.jpg
    dscn0318a.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 25

Back
Top Bottom