Braided Brake lines

Geezer

Gents could somebody point me in the right direction?
I'm after upgrading my brakes on my 1150. I was sold on fitting some of the lovely Tourtec lines. I have ABS on my bike & have heard horror stories about trapped air after new hoses have been fitted.
I was in my local dealer Prestige [Bexleyheath Kent] Who were willing to supply & fit the Tourtec kit, as they were putting a price together they asked the workshop Tech about how long it would take to fit the hoses, when he heard I was looking to fit the Tourtec hoses he strongly recomended that I consider another make as he used to work for Bracken Tourtec agents & had fitted a few of there hose kits to GS's but were ba**ards to fit did not take the BMW origonal route fouled the petrol tank,& the rear one was like a piano string!. To this end I serched around & found that the new Adventurer comes as standard with Stainless steel braided hoses which BMW have led me to belive are a direct replacement for my tired old hoses. Has any one heard of this mod ? or can comment on any of the above I would be very gratefull as I am looking to get it done within the next month

Barry & Boxer,

The company and tel number you need for the Hel brake lines is:

Ask for Steve at Peak Performance.
Tel: 01392 255000

Tell him I sent you and he might knock some money off.

Hope this helps
Simon Thomas:beerjug:

Thanks Simon, But since I posted my origonal question My bike has been booked into BMW to get the Adventuer Lines fitted. I'll let you know what they are like once they are fitted.

If you are calm while all about you Panic, You haven't quiet grasped the situation !:D

Back
Top Bottom