We are officially unofficial!

Fanum

Toubab
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've heard back from the organisors of the event, and they have been massively oversubscribed for this year's official event....apparently around 700 teams wanted to do it.

They've not given us a place.

TBH it's not a bad thing.....I've got the cheque for £200 back that I sent them so that's £200 that isn't coming off our running costs or the final amount raised......

All we would have got for the sum was some books (which we still have from last year's trip anyway), a 'mentor' (who is just someone who has been before- that's it!) and an official sticker with the ability to call ourselves official Plymouth-Banjul challenge competitors....it's an unsupported event so that was the limit of it!!!

The last point is to me the only potential loss out of this, as the event is fairly well known and gets pres attention, however I honestly think that what we're doing has so much appeal in itself that it won't lose us anything.

The biggest benfit is that we can decide who and where to give all of out scoots to...they are getting very strict on the official event now because some teams last year sold their vehicles for profit...this year, there are all sorts of forms and a contract to sign promising that all the vehicles will be auctioned through the event system.

That's fine, but as we have other plans, (giving the scoots to the Clinic/chimp rehab etc) it would have actually caused us a problem if we HAD become 'official'.

We're picking up the six Leics police scoots thisafternoon......I'm trying to trac kdown David again now and hopefully we'll have the long promised promotional./info document out very very soon.........

In the mean time, keep your eyes open for any more c90's in good nick....we've got 7, we need another 7 ;)

More to come........

Back
Top Bottom