Tossers In The Shara ...the team list!

Fanum

Toubab
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Tossers In The Sahara ...the team list!

Things have been changing since I spoke to everyone about this...Some I know are definates, others are sort of definates and others are possibles.....

I'd obviously like to get all of it firmed up.......there are Vaccines to be injected, a Visa stamp to be obtained and some serious planning to get organised....plus I've got a list of 'jobs' that really need getting stuck into soon so we can get things moving.(if something I've put against your name on the list comes as a surprise, we should talk very soon ;) )

So this is what I've got so far........I've a nasty feeling that I might have missed someone, in which case please let me know........I've also not spoken to a few others who were initially very positive, so again, if you could let me know.

There are two distinct phases to the event....the ride out, and the return trip for the two support vehicles......(and those who can't fly ;) )

The way I see it right now is still a dozen scoots, plus four people in the two support vehicles........

16 people.

Steve (Riverking) and Dick (Guitarman) are going both ways (oooer!) but we'll need at least one more person to join them on the way back, and quite possibly two.

The 'Mystery rider' is something that's going on to get us some good media coverage...It hasn't been confirmed yet though and to be honest probably won't come off, freeing up a definate place.

The return trip will be as much of an experience, apart from the scooters element of course......I haven't sat down and discussed it with Steve yet, but I suspect from what we saw last year that the only difference will be the route back across the Western Sahara.....but it's an important part of the whole effort and will still be one heck of an experience for those doing it.

There are a fair few people baying for places on the trip.....so if you appear on this list but can't make it, please let me know via PM or phone and I can let one of the others keen to go know they can come.

TOSSERS IN THE SAHARA TRIP, 2005/6

Fanum (Bill)
Reverend Chuck (Charles)......Holding the purse strings
Riverking (Steve) Head of transport and quartermaster :D
Rebel (Mrs Riverking, Rebecca) (has a crucial but hush hush role ;))
Whatton (Kevin) Head of Internet communications, promotions and blagging
Madmountainman (Richie)
Mucky Helmet (David) Planning, PR and communications
Jez (er......Jez) Team stunt rider & Equipment Blagger
Mr Ifan (Ian) Team photographer, Equipment Blagger
Guitarman (Dick) Team bard, equipment blagger, return trip vehicle captain
Ming (Matt) Equipment blagger
Mrs Ming (Sharron) Equipment Blagger
Maverick (Dirk) Equipment blagger
Jeff Munn (Jeff) Advrider guest, Advrider fundraiser
MMC (Mark) Media communications
Blue Sweeper Equipment Blagger

I've also got the following down as standbyes, return trip drivers, probables but either not confirmed or uncertain for various reasons.......

Dahoum
Jon
Ralphy
Michelle (Mrs Maverick)
Speggo
Jaq
Gavin Bell
Oblertone
Darkhorse
Steve Chip
Pint6x

Filmmaking.

I hear you guys were after a film-maker to document this. I'm a young director who's been working for various production companies for the last three years and am searching for a subject on which to make my first serious independent.

I've never ridden a C90 but I did once pedal a pushbike from London to Malaga and from Dakar to Banjul, so that's practically your journey!

If interested, get in touch.

oli_sloane@hotmail.com

Cheers

Oli Sloane

Oli....it looks like we may have a Journalist along with us, and several people will obviously have video cameras along-

At the moment, with the number of people who really want to come, I'm afraid we can't offer you a place as it'd be unfair to them, sorry!

Thanks for the offer though......
cheers
Bill

Sadly, Whatton is now unable to make the trip...I know he's gutted at the news but knowing why, I'd have made the same decision in his shoes......sorry we won't have your company on the trip Kevin, maybe next year ?;)

I've spoken to Dahoumand he will know be joining the T.I.T.S group.....welcome aboard Ken!

Mikef said:
Hmmm Mystery Rider ? Old school chum perchance ?

Good memory Mike :D

I have indeed invited Mr Simon Hargreaves to join us, and I was indeed at school with him.

Haven't seen him or heard from him in over 20 years now, but he's a feature writer with Bike Magazine- and as you've obviously remembered from my comment in the thread, he wrote the article about the k1200s a month or two ago.

I've been in Email contact with him but no decision has been reached.....I'm sure from what I remember that he'll fit in nicely with the team, and if he should accept the invitation, it should give us some really good high profile publicity to make our charidee fund raising potential as high as possible.

B

Fanum said:

I've spoken to Dahoumand he will know be joining the T.I.T.S group.....welcome aboard Ken!

welcome aboard short arse:D :D

Hmmmmm Ming...bum...shots

Oh ok....

maybe this should be in caption competition? :D

Attachments

• ming bum.jpg
    ming bum.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 282

Back
Top Bottom