Moroccan petrol.

mpjbiker

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm considering a jolly to North Africa in the next coupla months. Can anyone tell me if unleaded is available, or do I have to take off the cat? I've only just put the bloody thing back on to fit full size pannier, by the way! Any other advice and help also appreciated,

Thanks, Martin.

Most places have unleaded but in the more remote regions often only leaded.
Depends whether you feel taking the CAT off is a big job:confused: or whether the odd few gallons of leaded will 'damage' the CAT. AND if it does, so what?

Tim

Only once did I get to a station with no unleaded. And I had removed the cat..for the rest, all had unleaded.

What's comes out of the pump isn't always what it says on the pump itself!

However, as Tim points out, the bike will run fine on leaded or unleaded. If you run a cat on leaded, the cat won't work any more, but so what?

Greg

The only place I could not get unleaded petrol during two trips to Morocco was in Bouarfa - SE near the Algerian border.

Peter:)

I always found unleaded even south of the Atlas and used it although I have taken the cat off. Others in our group did stop at stations with no unleaded though. Those who used leaded with no cat said it went better and gave better mileage than unleaded. I think it takes quite a while to completely f**k the cat though, not just a few tanks.

I guess the moral is "Fill up often - don't wait till you're nearly empty and then start looking for unleaded".

Back
Top Bottom