Handlebar crossbrace pad

Larry

Anyone use one of these on their GS? I know the Adventure has one. Is it any good or do most people just take it off? I'm assuming the Adventure has the same size bars as the standard GS. If so, could someone please tell me the size of the pad as I'm thinking of getting a Renthal one or similar and unsure as to what fits the clamps best? Can you get the Adventure pad from a BMW dealer and if so, how much do BMW want for one? Sorry about the question diarrhoea, just had my coffee.

Cheers.

The pad costs about £12 from BMW and fits straight onto a standard GS. I'm not sure what its function is, the protection it offers is a bit questionable, but it looks kinda funky and thats good enough for me :D

Bought a BMW one for mine at my last service. When I got home my 3 ungratefuls took the p***, pointing out that they had the same on their bmx bikes.

Not worn it since..........................:anger

What do you use yours for?

I use mine for tucking my Chilli jacket wires & controller into. Also useful for sticking a couple of 20p pieces in for the dartford Tunnel. What do you use yours for?

Cheers for those. Re the Renthal pad, what size is yours (oo-er!)? Measuring the crossbrace there seems to be an (approx) 10" spread but between the clamps is about 8". However, I'm a bit worried about the thickness of the foam extending onto the clamps. Added to this is the fact the pads seem to only come in 10" and 8.5" sizes although I'm sure I can squeeze to fit or just buy another make. May well go with the Beemer one as it's bound to fit and in keeping with the spirit of things (and £12 doesn't sound too bad for something from BMW!).

any plumber's merchant can, and will, sell you dense foam pipe lagging tubes. These are available in a variety of colours and diameters, cost literally pence per meter and can be cut to an infinite choice of lengths.
They do not come with BMW roundels marked on them though...if that makes a difference.

Didn't think of a bit of lagging. Good idea and I can live without the logo. I'll draw it on with a biro if it upsets me too much. I'll keep quiet now for a while (promise!).

I got a yellow one from Motorworks with GS on the front of it
£10.00 I think it cost me, I like it (makes me go faster) Go faster crossbar pad is that like a strip ? I wonder

:D
gauloises I like your purse on your crossbar what you keep in that then ?

Your Lippy

:hapybnce:

gauloises

Thinking about it does your Crossbar bag (Purse) fit on the back of your carrier if so were did you get it and do they do a bigger version as I would like one to carry my lock etc in

no not by lippy :D

Terri luv
it's a wrist purse nicked of the other half.
Have a look down your local high street there's usually someone
selling bags ie camera bags would be good or you could buy a
Touratech or wunderlich rack bag

Gates :kissy2

Ive got an old bumbag cable tied to my cross brace.Keeps shades,change,smokes and a bit of wood for the stand.Through time Ive collected even more junk in it.Not emptied it since my trip last year,

Purses...

OK the secret is out - I too have a women's purse. I wanted something for tolls etc - considered the various bar bags but didn't need the volume. At roadside markets I set about looking for a little purse with some rigidity in it - found one with two sections that met the User Specification - in Durban, South Africa.

It's attached to the bar with two black cable ties through the side.

Works well - if I can get the digital to work - I'll post the pic.

Back to the cross bar pad, BM dealers do a black pad with the usual BM prop badge on, don't know the price but I seem to recall it was about a tenner, looks ok on mine

This is an awful lot more useful than a crossbar pad. £7.99 from Hein Gericke.

Attachments

• 21002141-2.jpg
    21002141-2.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 138
Wev'e gone from purses to hand bags :D

BTW when did you get yours as i the guy from HG said they
don't do them anymore :(

Back
Top Bottom