Roof Crash Hat

ed4554

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the correct forum?

But has anyone had experience of Roof RO/ 10 or RO/ 20 hats?
Also where the cheapest are?
Cheers.

Ed
Ride Safe All

tHE 010 is quiet, compared to my limited experience of other helmets. The plastic air vents are poor, broken two already in 2 years. I bought it as a good fit, but possibly should have got bigger, as I can touch the inside with my puckered lips. WHAT?! Only way I can explain the room inside.

I've had an 010 for 12 months now and I am very happy with it. It is very comfortable and (relatively) quiet, although I do wear earplugs. The visor change requires a coin to unscrew and the strap is a 'seat-belt' type fastening, personally I prefer a double D ring type. These are personal preferences and I am very pleased with it overall. :beerjug:

I should have added that I paid £199 for my plain coloured helmet, the 2 coloured ones were £249. I didn't find them cheaper than that where ever I looked. Check out this site

I got a roof 010 for about 200 quid a couple of years ago from the local bike shop. Apart frm the vents breaking off it's been great. As ELIMINATOR says, it's a very close fit at the front, but you get used to it.

Sorry... sorry.... I know people love these helmets but I absolutely detest mine. It's very comfortable but that's about it. The visor's rubbish, because it's got a double something-or-other you can't put a fog city in it and the anti-fog coating is useless. On top of this, water absolutely pisses down the inside when it rains making it really dangerous. Also, I can touch the inside with most of my chin, not just my "puckered lips" which I'd imagine's not great in an impact. Already mentioned are the terrible vents which will snap off if you catch them on anything, perhaps that's a saftey thing, but I've got two holes on the top of my helmet that the vents used to cover. On top of that, if you make the effort to get the visor to seal against the helmet to try to avoid the influx of water and wind, you'll probably find that the visor will scrape the paint off the top of the helmet when you open it!

I can only assume it's me 'cause lots of people love these. I wish I'd not smashed my shoei up.

...double CURVATURE? I also have the Roof fuulface but only rarely wear it, and then mainly in the winter. When riding in rain, I found either the visor steamed up or my glasses did. Very frustrating. Other than that apparently the most quiet helmet in the market.

Back
Top Bottom