Be nice to your new local dealer......

Fanum

Toubab
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
'cos things they are-a-changing ;)

Seems to me there are two ways of dealing with poor service......you can rant about it, throw your teddy out of the pram (quite justifiably in some cases) and slag the offending dealer off, or you can make overtures, talk to them, lay out what you'd like to happen and what you expect from them in terms of service and make constructive and friendly criticisms......

For those of us used to good service and back up from a certain dealer, some changes and the inevitable and necessary move to another dealer may cause some anxiety and pain.....and I'm not denying for one second that there are things that need to be changed at the other 'certain dealer', however there are ways of dealing with it to achieve satisfaction and ways of not dealing with it.

I'm glad Guy's not going to disappear of my radar though for one......congratulations on your new position if you're reading this Guy :thumb

:D

PS and good luck to the others...I owe it to you that I got into GSing.....i hope it turns out well for you ;)

Fanum said:
Seems to me there are two ways of dealing with poor service......you can rant about it, throw your teddy out of the pram (quite justifiably in some cases) and slag the offending dealer off, or you can make overtures, talk to them, lay out what you'd like to happen and what you expect from them in terms of service and make constructive and friendly criticisms......

I've always taken the practice of informing the 'offending' dealer/vendor of bad service as a first step. It's only reasonable. It doesn't always have to be friendly, but should always contain some positive. i.e. 'You did this to me, you are crap, but why don't you do this instead?'. It gives a clear customer expectation.

One must always take reasonable steps to obtain satisfaction or recompense with the dealer prior to publishing public annoyance over the grievance. I've found that a) it takes the natural reaction of anger and focusses it into something constructive, b) often gains 'some' level of satisfaction and c) if it's all gone t*ts up, gives you the 'covering your a*se' stance of having done everything humanly possible to find an amicable solution to the grievance.

Apologies for the common sense.

Common sense always welcome Ady.....sometimes though it does feel like 'jump on the bandwagon' time around here though....although as I said, sometimes in the particular case I'm talking about it has been totally justified.

My post was a cautionary tale that might come back to haunt those who don't at least think about it in the South East ;)

Hey who doesn't like Guy....gives good advice as well as service...:)

I'm sorry but I'm in the quality game and if someone can't spot blatantly obvious lumps of white grease on the black seat or dolops of copper grease on a black mudguard or an incorrectly fitted headlight cowl then I am slightly worried about what serious things that they might miss.

And all for a very reasonable over 300 quid bill.

Give em a second chance? Hmm..... could be a good line on a gravestone " I gave ......... a second chance what a w@nker I was "

They got too comfortable and at last they are getting their come uppance.

I hope I don't sound bitter.

So when are they closeing? My warranty's with them. Getting worried now.

so what happened to the possible takover by the whitehouse group...???

Marky C said:
So when are they closeing? My warranty's with them. Getting worried now.

Nope, your warranty is with BWM UK......it'll be honoured at any BWM dealer.

I've had work done by others with no problems, through expediency not choice.

Fanum said:
So where you gonna go when Prestige closes Lol???

:confused:

Where I have been going since that 6000 mile service.

Internet for bits and end of garden for workshop.

Fanum said:
Nope, your warranty is with BWM UK......it'll be honoured at any BWM dealer.

I've had work done by others with no problems, through expediency not choice.

But i bought an old poggler. the warranty is with them and not BM. Boo hoo.

Fanum said:
So where you gonna go when Prestige closes Lol???

:confused:

So that's what you were aluding to in the first post - it reads like you typed it on a fekkin Engima machine!! :D

In this game the good guys always survive by resurfacing elsehwere - just find your good guys and follow 'em and you'll be fine :thumb

As to the bad guys - fcuk em :shoot:

Farnum, Please could you elaborate, I know that Stuart is retiring soon, so what do you know ????. I have had nothing but good service from Prestige a touch expensive but good. & I have never been to a bike shop & been made so welcome even when I've popped in for a quick chat or advice, they were never worried that I was not spending money.:confused:

Stuart is retiring next March. Guy is taking up a job with Park Lane in August. And a new BMW dealership will open in Dartford next March.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom