Whattons Euro Thrash

Deleted account W

Well I’m all exited.

The routes, waypoints and mapset for the trip have been loaded onto the Quest. Today will be mostly spent packing the bike and last minute shopping; I need a camera case for the new camera and a couple of packets of Imodium.

My mates on the VFR, Fazer and Aprilia RSV Mille will be meeting me at the Lighthouse Hotel in Folkestone tomorrow. So maps and bullshit will be on the agenda for Sunday night.

Monday night we’ve a table booked in a restaurant next to a micro brewery in Luxembourg which should be interesting.

18893261-L.jpg

Day 1 Calais to Luxembourg.

18893256-L.jpg

Day 2 Luxembourg to Glarus (Switzerland)

18893254-L.jpg

Day 3 Glarus (Switzerland) to Chiavenna (Italy)

18893255-L.jpg

Day 4 Chiavenna (Italy) to Arabba (Italy)

18893253-L.jpg

Day 5 Arabba 97 mile Alpine pass circuit

18893257-L.jpg

Day 6 Arabba (Italy) to Bled (Slovenia)

18893258-L.jpg

Day 7 Bled (Slovenia) to Cortina/Agordo (Italy)

18893259-L.jpg

Day 8 Cortina/Agordo (Italy) to Bolzano (Italy)

18893260-L.jpg

In Bolzano we chuck the bikes on an overnight train (the Autozug) to Dusseldorf in Germany then the next day make a dash for Calais. This gives us an extra day in the Alps and something for you lot to take the p*ss out off :thumb

I’ll be adding to my collection of photos of Portaloos of Europe and hope to get some interesting pics of us thrashing around the Dolomites and Slovenia. I might post one or two on here when I get back ;)

Looks crap, who'd want to ride on quiet scenic roads when they can ride across the M62 from Leeds to Manchester, who'd want to stop at quant historic towns and villages when they've got downtown Bradford??
Jealous, Moi??? you bet. Have a good'un and a safe'un

Packed and ready :)

Attachments

• screenshot045.jpg
    screenshot045.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 388
Aha, Danke schon very much - Ve at Interpol vil be vaiting vor you to arrive. Bitte do not make any piggie noises ven ve are inserting das vinger vor das body search :p

Gecko said:
Aha, Danke schon very much - Ve at Interpol vil be vaiting vor you to arrive. Bitte do not make any piggie noises ven ve are inserting das vinger vor das body search :p

Watch it Euro Trash :D

Shouldn't you be getting off to bed Roger??
Naa, I bet you're all giggly like a 13 yr old off to camp for the first time :D

Have a great time mate and ride safe :thumb

....and i'll be waiting.....be scared....be very scared.......

Whattons arrived Lake Como this evening - Bikes and trains all running well :beerjug:

Whattons had a puncture - outside a bike shop :rolleyes:

5 mountain passes today - 2 in the rain - now he's resting up for 2 days . poor boy, no trains available .

Now he's very low on engine oil, thats what happens when you ride a bike - needs some, and fast.

:D :eek:

Latest update, sent by carrier pigeon this afternoon -

" Just got to train station in Italy, Bikes are being loaded, we'll be in Dusseldorf at 8am tomorrow , and home by teatime

Back
Top Bottom