Security in Spain (Bilbao)

Clive795

Reaction score
I will be spending four days in Bilbao next week.
Will I be OK with the the 12Gs parked up with the alarm set or should I get myself a nice big shackle lock ?
I am hoping to be able to park outside the hotel I am staying in but am enough of a realist to know that no-one will respond to the alarm activating unless it is me that hears it.

Take a lock to be on the safe side, more chance of theft in a city than the countryside IMO.

Ask at the hotel if there's anywhere you can park the bike inside. Hotel staff in Spain can be very helpful, and generally much more positive about bikes than in the UK. Hotels often have some kind of storage area, where you might be able to park the bike. There's a greater risk of the bike being accidentally damaged (stuff dropped on it), but that's better than it being nicked.

Security in Spain

Take some spare tyre valve caps. Had my metal ones pinched along with caps from several other bikes, out side a hotel in Cordoba. If you are riding with mates try to lock/chain two bikes together and both have a key. That way you can just nip out for a ride without having to find sleeping (hungover) friends.

Re: Security in Spain

Ted said:
If you are riding with mates try to lock/chain two bikes together and both have a key.

Alternatively, chain the locks together. That is, lock 1 round wheel of bike 1, lock 2 round wheel of bike 2, plus through lock 1. That way, either bike can leave at any time.

Back
Top Bottom