Maldon 14th July

Lamble

Reaction score
2nd Thursday at Queens Head, the Hythe Maldon. 19:30hrs

Possibly cover Grand Tourismo d'Essex and Stella Alpina for next year.

Should be able to make this one. Better fill up the bike before I set out though...........

Sorry Lamble - this is now the second time I have to give it a pass.
Will be out of the country for business.
Hope to catch you all latest in August!

Spanfly said:

Well, we'll try not to take it personally, but miss 3 on the trot without a doctors note, or one from your mother, and you'll have to attend the next one in your vest and pants and buy the crisps.

Memory jerker.

Nothing to add really, other than it would be a good prelude to the Essex Border Patrol ride if people could attend the Maldon meet up.

Other than that, this message is just to keep the note towards the top of the list.

Oh and a reminder to me that it's my Mother's birthday, so I must give her a call...she lives in Spain you know, so I'm not being a bast*rd son and heir by not visiting her for her special day and riding to the Queen's Head at the Hythe in Maldon for 19:30-20:00hrs for pop and crisps instead.

Spanfly said:
Hope to catch you all latest in August!

he really does have a job you know. Just bumped into him in Milan Airport. Clean suit, shiny shoes, briefcase, the lot!!!

Hi Lamble,

Thanks for plugging away at the Essex Border Patrol ride-out. Shame that the pre-run reckie had to be postponed this morning. I have all good intentions of getting to the Queen's Head on the 14th. Looking forward to meeting you all. Maybe I'll meet some of you guys at Gt. Bentley tonight if you're there.

:beerjug:

Keith

(Wearing a Doohan Replica Arai, riding a Blue R1100RS SE)

last call for Speggo walking to the Hythe

Speggo said:
he really does have a job you know. Just bumped into him in Milan Airport. Clean suit, shiny shoes, briefcase, the lot!!!

Oooh look at me, ooh I've been to Milan airport, ooooh and so has Spanfly, ooooooh jet setters we are.
Well maybe, but you still walk to the Queens' Head rather than ride!!!!
So there, Mr take-a-plane-everywhere-I-go, shiny shoes, brief case carrying, tie wearer.

Well get this, I woke up, went outside to knock the crabs of my hull and got sh*t on by a seagull...welcome to Mersea Island and I was only wearing sandals and a dressing gown, neither of which have ever been polished.

Now tell me which is real life...

only two GS's and one R1100s

Great Bently 5th.

BladeBaiter said:

Keith

(Wearing a Doohan Replica Arai, riding a Blue R1100RS SE)

I saw a blue R1100S but when I asked the rider if his helmet looked like Mick Doohan, he showed me that it didn't and that scared me.

Bit of a poor show all in all tonight, obviously the impending rain, which didn't materialise, put lots of people off.

Still there's always next week.

Re: last call for Speggo walking to the Hythe

Lamble said:
Oooh look at me, ooh I've been to Milan airport, ooooh and so has Spanfly, ooooooh jet setters we are.
Well maybe, but you still walk to the Queens' Head rather than ride!!!!
So there, Mr take-a-plane-everywhere-I-go, shiny shoes, brief case carrying, tie wearer.

Well get this, I woke up, went outside to knock the crabs of my hull and got sh*t on by a seagull...welcome to Mersea Island and I was only wearing sandals and a dressing gown, neither of which have ever been polished.

Now tell me which is real life...

Ahh, but you don't know what I was doing in Milan. You have just jumped to the conclusion that I was suited & booted as well.

As for walking to the QH, old habits die hard:D :D

I should be able to make the 14th too although being a lazy bastard and proud of my shiny GS I'll probably ride down.

See you there.

Colin.

Working that booty

Speggo,

Oooh behave...

I suspect that if you are in Milan, then you'd be gracing the fashionista's catwalks, in the latest Versace haute coutteure, you super model you!

We all suspect that the only reason that you walk to the QH is so that you can "work your stuff" as you shimmy across the quayside.

If only we didn't know better...

Milan was great! There is nothing wrong with wearing a suit!

Lamble maybe you should try it one day - and than tell me what real life if.

Hi Lamble and all,

I did make it to Gt. Bentley last night, twice in fact; once with no money and so we whizzed off to a cash dispenser in Clacton, and again on the way back but there were even less people there the second time so we went home.

I did see one red/silver 1200GS, parked near one of the houses on the green; was that your's? If it was, sorry I didn't say hello, you said that you'd be there if the weather improved and the weather certainly didn't improve.

Keith

Suits you sir.

Spanfly,

I have my birthday suit with me all the time, the problem is it doesn't fit properly anymore and needs ironing.

Bladderbaiter, nope not mine, I've a 1150 GSA and it was on the grass from when I arrived at 7pm and stayed there until 8pm when I left, right next to an illuminous green kwak.

Back to the suit thing for a moment. With belongings scattered over three locations, I have to shower and underwear on the boat, pick up my shoes from the barn and then get pressed shirt, tie and suit from the house. I'll be glad when the wardrobes are fitted on the boat. The same applies with riding gear too and will continue to be a p in the a because the bike can't be parked up by the boat. Still it's a small price to pay.

Charity Fatigue?

There will be a fund raising exercise set up for families of the London bombings and as I was due to be in Aldgate at the time the bomb went off, "there but for the grace of God go I".

Should we look at perhaps asking for donations as part of the Essex Border Patrol, or is everyone tired of giving cash handouts and would rather do something else to help...any ideas?

Nice idea Lamble...........

Whip round on the 14th is good or on the Essex border run, nothing else to be said if honest..

Last minute reminder

Once again, this is primarily to get the topic back up the charts.

See you all there tonight.

...tomorrow the universe

Well the word is spreading far and wide. Last time we had Spaniards and Croats, this time Suffolk and Kent representatives arrived, and very welcome they were made to feel too I hope they'd concur.

I'm sure someone will post the pics that were taken.

But thanks to all who joined the meet, I hope you all got back safely and didn't encounter the mosquito blizzard that I hit on Abberton Reservoir, which left me blinded and coated in a jellatinous goo of squashed bodies.

Roll on the Essex Border ride 30th, starting Epping Green 9am-200 mile ride ending at Southend.
And the next Maldon meet.

Back
Top Bottom