Luggage Liner Info

chuckh

What luggage liners do you gents/ladies use?

What features do you like and not like?

What vendors have the best system that you have experience using?

I use supermarket bags but you have to be carefull as most domestic ones (UK) have holes in (something about babies and choking).
Most European bags dont have holes in ??? (draw your own conclusions)

Failing that you can always fall back on the ubiquitous bin liner.

Agree with Jud9e. Being able to unload your panniers in one 'trip' is a very useful facility after a long day in the saddle. I used Zega bags with my Touratech pannier set. I've just ordered a Jesse system for the re-build and a set of bags to fit made by Helen 2 Wheels (great name:p ), who is an American biker lady who makes custom luggage. If you're looking for pannier liners for BMW cases, here are a few links....

Mane Event

Helen 2 Wheels

Kathy's Products

MikeO:)

Thanks Mike,

I have been thinking of getting the BMW ones, but at £80 each I have always delayed.
So read your comments with interest, and will order some from Maine, unless yoor about to sell yours?

Good luck with the re-build.

Andrew

Already sold Jenks, you've got to be quick to beat the GSer grapevine:D

MikeO

ps There was a thread recently about a reasonably priced bag from JJB Sports which fitted Zega bags exactly. Can't remember the details, but a search with JJB should find it...

Re: Zega Bags

jud9e said:
Zega Bags in Zega Cases, easy to pack/unpack, easy to load/unload. Carrier bags might be OK for camping but when I walk into a hotel I don't want to look like a vagrant.

Ah come on Jud!!! You don't really think they're going to stop you of all folk looking like a vagrant do ya???
;)

Re: Re: Zega Bags

notadrop said:
Ah come on Jud!!! You don't really think they're going to stop you of all folk looking like a vagrant do ya???
;)
Look fair enough I have been known to have bad hair days and I did have a facial hair thing going on over the Christmas/New Year period which was experienced by those at the Ace in January but surely I'm not that bad?..... :D

MIKE OUGHTON said:
Agree with Jud9e. Being able to unload your panniers in one 'trip' is a very useful facility after a long day in the saddle. ...MikeO:)

Thanks for the links Mike, I'm talking with Helen (Helen 2 Wheels) and David Simms (ManeEvent) right now.

From a design standpoint, would you like two or three bags that could be either zipped or snapped together on each side?

Or, one bag on a side and several on the other?

Or, just one bag a side?

What I'm thinking right now is to have a single bag low on the exhaust side that can hold heavy items. Then 2 bags above that partition the remaining space evenly. These bags can be zipped or snapped together so you can unload your panniers in one 'trip' as you say.

The right side would have either one or possibly two bags.

Each bag would be designed to be 1 or 2 inches dimensionally larger then the luggage case it would fit in.

What do you think?

Chuck,

are we talking about Jesse Bags? If so, I've ordered Helen's standard '3 bags each pannier' system, together with 2 lid bags. They've got colour coded straps which allows you to sort out your luggage when packing and also allow you to select maybe just one or two bags for an overnight stay. I'll see how I get on with them, but they seem like a good plan....

MIKE OUGHTON said:
Chuck,

are we talking about Jesse Bags? If so, I've ordered Helen's standard '3 bags each pannier' system, together with 2 lid bags. They've got colour coded straps which allows you to sort out your luggage when packing and also allow you to select maybe just one or two bags for an overnight stay. I'll see how I get on with them, but they seem like a good plan....

Mike,

Sorry for the ambiguity.

I'm referring to my new Pilot luggage with design improvements over all presently available luggage for the GS (soon to be RT and R).

Check out: www.micatech.net/pilot_preview.html

This is a fairly outdated set of digital pictures of our Pilot luggage that will be available retail by the end of February.

I understand that you have high hopes for your purchase of your Jesse luggage and I wish you all the best in your experiences with it.

And, I don't want three separate (individual) vertical bags and a 10 liter lid bag for whatever.

I've had the BMW system cases and the LT top-case.

I've had the complete Jesse luggage system (side bags, storage case and top case) and Al's a great guy - but there are opportunities for improvement. :thumb

I'm still looking for the ideal luggage liners... I know what I'd like, but what do _you_ want?

All the Best,

Chuck

Bags...........

:p

Inside bags for alloy panniers.......look no further than Tescos!

Their white freezer - cold bags are just perfect, there tailore made to fit plus zip..have carrying handles, the only downer is having Tesco in blue on the side (white spirit it off)....:p

Bilks. (cheap as chips!)

************:dance ************

Back
Top Bottom