Loud Cans

Robscooper

I would like to know if the Remus Genesis cans could be made any louder? The reason for asking this is that on my last bike (Ducati Monster) I covered around 12K miles in two years (many of those filtering into central london) without any incidents. Since I've purchase the Dakar in March (05 Model) I've had numerous cars pulling out on me, one flower seller actually walk into the bike and last week a family of wild dear jump out in front me at about 60Mph.

I'm going to Spain and Morocco in Sept and just thought that it may be safer if people could hear me coming.

Many Thanks

Rob

Robscooper said:

I'm going to Spain and Morocco in Sept and just thought that it may be safer if people could hear me coming.

How are they going to notice you coming if you're projecting the noise out the back of the bike? That's where the exhaust is pointing. You could try turning it round, I suppose...

Yep, using a yellow headight might be way more effective, and won't disturb the neighbours.

Kropotkin said:
How are they going to notice you coming if you're projecting the noise out the back of the bike? That's where the exhaust is pointing. You could try turning it round, I suppose...

I disagree. I have done nearly 20k miles in the lasy 3 years in London. Just cos the sound is projected behind you it doesn't mean that its not heard in front.
Up until last week I was riding a Hornet and I used to have people walk out in front of me all the time. But since fitting a Scorpion can with baffle out, I noticed a remarkable difference. Also noticed that car drivers check their mirror when they hear me come up behind them.
I've been on my new much quieter 04 GS for less than a week now and have already had twats wanting to be hit.

newGeeSer said:
I've been on my new much quieter 04 GS for less than a week now and have already had twats wanting to be hit.

Then I strongly suggest you get a Stebel Magnum horn, and wire it permanently on. 139dB on all the time should alert people to your presence.

Didn't know that you got wild deer in London....

I commute daily to Widnes and I agree with the bike is very quiet - perhaps too quiet.

dont know about the new ones but on the old funduro
if you remove the rubber air scoop of the air box
the bikes exhaust gets alot louder :eek:
with the standard can :cool:

Davel......surprisingly, we do get wild deer, both inside and outside of the M25.

If you keep your eyes open on the M25 you'll often see the odd deer and badger roadkill...unless Bakerman's been tipped off first that is :D
and last week a family of wild dear jump out in front me at about 60Mph.

Must admit I've never seen any running at 60mph though!!

:D

Robscooper said:

Many Thanks

Rob

Have you thought about taking an Ad out in the local newspapers alerting them of your arrival and use the train? Two birds in one stone and a lot safer than the bike.

:D

Back
Top Bottom