Tuareg Goretex Trousers.

Smartbazza

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,
Anybody used a pair of Hein Gericke Tuareg Goretex trousers. I`ve noticed posts where people say theyre not waterproof- any comments?
They look pretty good but I dont want to buy a pair of waterproof trousers to wear over them if they aren`t. All opions/comments/other recommendations welcomed.
Thanks

Lisa & I both hav ethe Toureg suit. Completely waterproof. They've been used in light showers to torrential downpours & have been fine.

Hope this helps
Simon T:beerjug:

I've had the Tuareg trews for a few months now, and my gripes are they a tad short in the crotch to hip area so I always feel like pulling them up and the liners contain the goretex bit so they arent waterproof when unlined (shower proof maybe). I've just got the tuareg jacket (last week) and its liner has the goretex bit too, not the jacket itself. And after my ride today the I can say the outer is definitely only shower proof, waterproofing relies on the liner being fitted.

PS they now do wimens Tuareg stuff as apposed to small blokes sizes and these use Shelltex as waterproof membrane as part of jacket and pants instead of the liner. I kno this cos wor lass made buy her some. She was to iclke for the gortex tuareg stuff (handy cos the shelltex stuff is cheaper)

Right on cue

And here he is.

I would suggest that the old Shelltex liner is pretty crap and leaks like a worn out, porous thing with holes in it. So HG eventually ditch Shelltex and use Gortex which I know nothing of but allegedly don't leak.

I love the gear but used to feel a bit of a twat when it rains on a warm day as I'm stood by the side of a dual carriage way in my 'Y' fronts trying to zip the ankle bits of the lining together.:D but true.
Tim

Re: Right on cue

timolgra said:

I love the gear but used to feel a bit of a twat when it rains on a warm day as I'm stood by the side of a dual carriage way in my 'Y' fronts trying to zip the ankle bits of the lining together.:D but true.
Tim

My, my, Tim. Good job you don't ride a Pan and look ridiculous...

MikeO:p

Could never look that rediculous, would rather wear my split crotch gortex panties on the outside of Tuaregs
Tim

I use the Tuareg trews, and was told that they are only waterproof when the liner is in. However on a wet trip to East Anglia (Hi Mike) they did leak enough to completely soak me boxers. Whether this had anything to do with wearing a Frank Thomas "Bomber style" jacket as opposed to the Tuareg full lenght jobby I don't know.

timolgra said:
Could never look that rediculous, would rather wear my split crotch gortex panties on the outside of Tuaregs
Tim

ride a lot on your own Tim?

Back
Top Bottom