Spain, Pyrenees, France tour

Bagpuss

:help As a newbie to motorbikes, GS's and touring, I am after some advice from seasoned travellers...

I intend to do a solo trip to Santander or Bilbao, take in some of northern Spain, meet some :gringo, find a decent route across the Pyrenees and make my way up to Eymet in the Dordogne.

Mates are on cricket tour so its an excellent excuse to head out somewhere on the bike with a tent and panniers :D Also a timely break for some serious :beer: before riding home.

Does anyone have any route advice as I would like to make the most of the mountains? I'm a Peak District person so I love my hills!

Have a look at http://www.travelinginspain.com

Tha Spanish tourist office will send you a freebie map and booklet detailing all the recommended campsites.

The map is quite detailed and shows some very minor roads. I used it plus a Satnav earlier this year (but you could do it without the Satnav easily).

Spanish camping is quite cheap but don't expect the standards of the lower end site to be very plush!

Have a good time!

Bagpuss said:
:help As a newbie to motorbikes, GS's and touring, I am after some advice from seasoned travellers...

Does anyone have any route advice as I would like to make the most of the mountains? I'm a Peak District person so I love my hills!

Ride the N260 in northern Spain, it is superb, as are the views. Cross over into Andorra for cheap bike kit and other bits then over the top into France, don't go thro' the tunnel you'll miss some of the best bends you're likely to see.

Back
Top Bottom